Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to get several 25lb bags of this shot, but not familiar with this brand; I use and know of Eagle and Spartan, and West Coast Shot. The bags say made in Peru. Has anyone used this shot before?

Any comments, feedback, or background information would be appreciated.
Thank you!
E53700D0-F08C-46B4-954B-F3041626B466.jpeg

·
Registered
23,476 Posts
Chilled shot is soft. Good enough for skeet or 16 yard line trap. But not good for handicap past 24 yards.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What part of the country are you finding this shot. We don't have a big selection on the west coast.
Steve
I am in Massachusetts USA, and a few local clubs are able to get some shot orders furfilled. However, the wait times for delivery are months.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I've used #9 for skeet in .410, and #8 for Sporting Clays in 12ga. and 20ga. I go to West Coast #7-1/2 for shots longer than 35 yds+/-. -Ed

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got a bag in an estate sale lot a couple years ago. IIRC, it comes from the same factory as Eagle, out of Peru. Not my first pick, but it works.
I'll give it a shot, no pun intended

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've used #9 for skeet in .410, and #8 for Sporting Clays in 12ga. and 20ga. I go to West Coast #7-1/2 for shots longer than 35 yds+/-. -Ed
The bags I have received are #8. I'll have to load some and comment afterward. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ya getting a y shot at all is fought out here
Steve
How about other components (e.g., Wads or powder)?
I don't seem to have much trouble for wads, but the powder can be hit or miss.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

I can tell you haven’t been around here much lately. Getting most any reloading supplies has been a huge topic of conversation.

·
Registered
7,310 Posts
Who remembers SCOTTSHOT? Was manufactured and sold by former ATA president Larry Scott in St. George Utah. I looked at becoming a dealer up here but the freight for 1000 miles was killer.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Wait until you see the price for Lawrence shot now. A little birdie told me today that it will be $50 a bag at the Grand (Graf's).
If that is true---Yikes! I don't expect to see any bargains on components for a long time, if ever. Colonel

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
This shot is re-named to several brands and is made in Peru. Here in the southwest it's called "Thunderbird". They make it in #5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. Last I checked back in 2019 they did not have 7.5 here in the southwest. It's said to be 3.5% antimony chilled shot - so its not very hard. With the tough times were in, may just have to get what you can if it's a price you can stomach.
Looking back at my email from 2019 the price was $43 a bag cash out the door and $45 a bag credit out the door.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This shot is re-named to several brands and is made in Peru. Here in the southwest it's called "Thunderbird". They make it in #5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. Last I checked back in 2019 they did not have 7.5 here in the southwest. It's said to be 3.5% antimony chilled shot - so its not very hard. With the tough times were in, may just have to get what you can if it's a price you can stomach.
Looking back at my email from 2019 the price was $43 a bag cash out the door and $45 a bag credit out the door.
Thank you; The price was right (free), so I will not complain.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

The same, wads are no problem. The powder is hit or miss. Ammo is trickling in, but in brands, I’ve never heard of or shot before. Shooting whatever is available.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts