Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earl:

I wasn't aware Star made shotshell loaders. However, my knowledge of Stars is limited to their reputation and what little I've read. A deceased acquaintance loaded commercially with them in the 80's and early 90's. He swore he wouldn't have or use anything else.

If it turns out that your late friend's Star loaders are for center fire brass instead of shotshell, there is still a market for them and loyal users.
Google "Star reloaders" and you'll find sites with answers to any questions you might have and potential markets for selling the machines.

Good luck.

sissy

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
If you knew the man to be a reloader of shotgun ammo the reloader is most likely a Texas or Texan brand Star reloader. They made shotgun reloaders for years. Texan Stars were pretty common machines at one time.

Jeff

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
I am not saying they were limited to these, But I have only seen a dozen Star reloaders in my life. All I saw were .38 spl or .45. in the 60's and 70's a lot of guys made side money reloading .38 spl rounds for police department practice ammo. As a kid I made money scrounging .38 special brass for the reloading guys. I still remember the heavy smell of Bullseye gunpowder. I would really like to see a picture of one for shotshells if you can get one posted.

·
Registered
744 Posts
If you go to starreloaders.com, you will find out the information you are looking for. You can also post the loaders for sale and there are many eager buyers out there. I have owned Star loaders for the past 40 years and they are the best.
Pat Haskins

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Found this website. I had never heard of them either but that don't mean squat.

Good info on that site.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I had several of them back in the 60s and 70s, converted them to hydraulic and sold them to police dep't. They were all in .38 Spl. and I agree with others that Star never made shotshell loaders. They are very well made.
Dick C.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.