Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to have a stainless barrel put on my blued receiver is there going to be any problems with that?

Who would be a good gunsmith to send it to to have it fitted?

·
Registered
329 Posts
The are scenarios where two different metals together cause issues but those usually include very high temperatures, friction, and corrosion. None that are going to occur in your situation. As Skybuster said, make sure it's fitted properly. They do it in rifles all the time. If there was a problem with it a rifle would show it before a shotgun would.

Joe

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
I have several rifles made like that.

I see a lot of rifles with that combination made for benchrest competition and if it doesn't cause any problem in those guns, I wouldn't think it would in a shotgun either.

Ed

·
Banned
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK great Thanks for the info. Just wanted to make sure before I throw a bunch of money at it. I plan on having the receiver cerakoted later so it will look better. Should I have the whole receiver done or leave something left blued like the breakdown lever or just have it all coated? The trigger is gold colored so I will leave that.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Ljutic made a couple of Mono models with a Blue action and a SS barrel. They look good and work good.

Ajax

·
Banned
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah I will have the barrel put on first and see how she looks and what people think of it then go from there.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
The factory BT99 Stainless models had a stainless barrel and that's all. Receiver was not stainless.

That's per Browning Service at the Grand while explaining the corrosion on the trigger guard on mine.

Bob

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
OK, I gotta ask! If you break targets with it, why in heck would you care what other people tought about it?

Ajax

·
Registered
279 Posts
A few years ago,a guy I knew named Eddie Burgess(William) had a gun that he fitted a stainless barrel to.I think it was a 3200. He managed to win the Grand with it.

·
Banned
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AJAX I wouldn't I was just wondering what ya all thought. I think it may look pretty nice and unique.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Speaking of which, I have a S&W Model 29 with a nickel frame and blued cylinder and barrel.

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
Kerry Allor, "The Barrelmeister" located in South Shore MI.

He is probably the most knowledgeable barrel man in the country.

Whiz

1 - 20 of 21 Posts