Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never owned one. Have owned a half dozen other makes and want to make sure they are not a POS like Olympia for example.

·
Premium Member
12,635 Posts
It represents the higher end of mil-spec AR's.

It's not a Baer AR, but dollar for dollar they were pretty good - IMHO.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Go to www.ar15.com.........not bad for a lower end AR....but, nowadays, you better jump on it!

·
Registered
25,281 Posts
Quality is decent. If it's priced good, jump on it.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I had one, the super varminter and I thought it was awesome. Very nice two stage trigger and shot factory loads sub moa. I covered an eight shot group with a dime more than one time with that gun. Wish I hadn't sold it.

Lyle

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
The stag ars I have bought so far have closer tolerences than some other brands.Theres no slop between the upper and lower But thats just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I have a Stag upper, it works fine, and I appreciate the company. I'm just not sure of the cost-to-quality. My most recent purchases have been through JSE. Their quality is very good, and their prices and responses are excellent.

Kip

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I own a Stag 2012 and a Colt from 1966 and a Bushmaster. To say that Stag is lower end is to be wrong. Fit, finish and accuracy are equal to the other two I just mentioned. Accuracy is actually better than the Colt with 60 grn ammo. If you find one, buy it. You won't go wrong.

R J Talley

·
Registered
118 Posts
Bought a Stag Model 8 (piston gun) right after they came out. I love mine! One of the best I have ever owned, and I have had a few. Runs cooler and cleaner than any gas gun out there. If you find a Stag, buy it quick!

·
Banned
2,758 Posts
Had 2 Stag Model 6's. Hand loads with 60 gr VMax or SP shot less than dime size groups. Had a bad trigger in the first one, was supposed to be match grade 2 stage but was terrible, contacted Stag they sent a call tag and had the lower back to me in a week and 2 days with the correct trigger installed. Great customer service. Real nice gun. If they don't ban AR's I will get another one.

·
Registered
8,383 Posts
Remember reading a comparison study in Shotgun News a couple years back where they were evaluating different brands of AR lowers. Of the 8 different types they ranked the Stag as #1. They were especially impressed with the finish of the lower compared to the other 7. Not just the outer coating, but finish of the metal beneath as far as the smoothing of cast/forging/machine marks prior to coating. I don't own one, but they should be worth a look.

Bob Falfa

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
After I had researched the number of different manufactureres for the lower receiver parts kits, I purchased the Stag Arms kit. I changed the hammer & trigger springs to one mfg. by JP Enterprises (3 1/2 pound springs). Result: excellent single stage trigger pull, no creep and crisp. Many on the AR15.com website recommended the Stag Arms kit; I can see why. The quality is outstanding and the price was no more than the others. I've made 2 transactions online with Stag Arms and both were excellent. BT100dc

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I shot a Stag once and was favorably impressed with it. For that matter I built several on Olympic lowers and never had any issues.

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
JSE Surplus, like every other seller, is "out of stock."

I have to assume that all these folks are or have pulled their inventory anticipating new legislation that will then make their inventory twice as expensive.

I'd say jump at what you can get, because the longer you wait, the less chance you'll be able to get an AR.

WW

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.