Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand from a friend of mine in Fort Wayne that St. Joe is expanding with several new fields, is this correct? Also that they'll be host for the State Skeet Championships next year. Great club and should be considered now to hold the State Trap Championships IMO.

blade819

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
It will never go that far north. I said that about the Grand moving west too. It doesn't matter to me, wherever it is, I will go and I hear St Joe is really nice.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Awesome club. I shot there when there was only a couple traps years ago. St Joe has always been on top of things

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
I believe they are tearing out the original trap fields that are left, and putting in combination fields to replace them. Click on the link.

They might be hosting an ATA central zone this year?

Wayne

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
St. Joe is a very nice club. New club house two years ago and now expanding their skeet fields to 12 from 10. Field expansion is in from of present club house which I think they will be combo fields.

·
Registered
572 Posts
My memory is that some of those RR crossings on the back roads between the club and Auburn are steep enough to Dukes of Hazzard your truck 100'.I love St. Joes club.

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I enjoyed belonging & shooting at St. Joe when I lived in Ft. Wayne in 2009 and it's a great club. However, I believe they have very limited parking and camping space unless they have expanded that also. My hat is off to you St. Joe and they make great pickles there also!

blade819

·
Registered
302 Posts
All of the fields on the right side will be overlay fields (combo skeet-trap). And we will host the 2014 US Open for skeet. The state skeet shoot has been held at st joe for the last few years.

·
Registered
204 Posts
St. Joe is not losing any trap fields. The four in front of the club house (see picture) have been removed and two new combination skeet trap overlays have been installed. There is one new trap field on the east end of the new overlays. In the spring, they will construct one more new trap field on the western end of the facility. Probably in conjunction with one of the other skeet or the 5 stand fields. The three new trap fields are near completion now.
Tim Miller

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
My Brother goes there every year for a skeet tournament. He says it is a great club. Maybe, I will have to go shoot some trap there. Bill Malcolm

·
Registered
14,697 Posts
Heard Kosko is awesome as well. Kudos to the State of Indiana. They know how to support their gun clubs. A very friendly hunting state as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts