Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I attended the Bob Sommers Memorial/ Illini Indian Shoot at St. Charles Sportsmen"s Club on July 19 and must say they did a great job with this shoot. There was much attention to detail, especially with target setting which made for nice targets and good scoring. Changing wind conditions required some target resets and they were done promptly and pleasantly. All the help and volunteers worked very hard and made this shoot run very efficiently. Everyone I talked with had a really good time, plus the weather was nice, which I think the club deserved after a washout earlier this summer. The shell Lewis made for a fun shoot off at the end of the day. Thanks to Mr. Barnes for that. All in all, it was a very enjoyable day. Thanks to all involved.

·
Registered
816 Posts
mjmoo,
I must agree. Everything went well, great turnout and shoot. You left out what fun the auction was ! You were a pretty good horse.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
So the guy who won two leather bags and over $700 thought it was a great shoot. Go figure!

It was a good shoot, well organized and run. I know the club is putting in a lot of effort, and it's nice to see it paying off. The zone will be another chance to show shooters that St. Charles is a good place to shoot.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Great job done by all,thanks for all the hard work.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Wonderful shoot. Thank you to everyone for their hard work. The shell Lewis was my favorite part. Thank you Mr Barnes. Great job Kevin.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great shoot, great scores, awesome shell Lewis including shoot off. Top shelf Shamrock leather bag trophies, fantastic targets. A job well done by all involved including shooters!
Thanks Kevin, looking forward to Zone shoot

·
Registered
140 Posts
The Bob Sommers shoot was a well ran and organized shoot. The targets were set perfectly and the staff and help were "both ears open" when someone wanted the targets changed. Scorers were doing their job and made sure everything was right. KOUNTRY KITCHEN had good food for the shooters. Trophy were top line products by Shamrock Leather, and the Shell Lewis provided by "Barnes Shooting Supply" was a fun feature. I am looking forward to the Northern Zone shoot being at St.Charles later this year
Subjr

·
Registered
64 Posts
That Jim Barnes has become a way more delightful person since I befriended him. At least ten times more charmin' than that Arnold on Green Acres.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts