Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have rarely seen a Browning ST-100 (not to be confused with a BT-100) for sale. Jaquas in Ohio has not one but, TWO for sale! Wish I had the money, I would own one of them!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I handled both of them. Honest wear on both and both had release triggers. They have been there for a couple weeks.
Doug Allison

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I've never seen one in person. In fact, I believe I've only seen one for sale and it was on here several years ago. I believe Jack had it for sale when he went by MIA.

So why was it a short lived gun for Browning? Did they have problems or was it like the BT100 that priced itself out of the market?

·
Registered
10,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My belief was it was probably ahead of it's time. There were only a slight handful of adjustable impact guns then and it was the only one on the conventional American market. Most people just couldn't wrap their mind around that concept back then. Remember this was a time when Model 12s, 870s, 1100s ruled . If you saw anybody shooting an O/U it was usually a conventional Browning and the few Perazzis on the trap field were being imported by Ithaca! I firmly believe if it had been produced 15 to 20 years latter it would have been a success!

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
My belief was it was probably ahead of it's time. There were only a slight handful of adjustable impact guns then and it was the only one on the conventional American market. Most people just couldn't wrap their mind around that concept back then. Remember this was a time when Model 12s, 870s, 1100s ruled . If you saw anybody shooting an O/U it was usually a conventional Browning and the few Perazzis on the trap field were being imported by Ithaca! I firmly believe if it had been produced 15 to 20 years latter it would have been a success!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts