Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please tell me where these 2 inserts go? I take it the 2 screws are to mount the pad to the pad plate. If that’s true, I figure the wood screws holding on the old pad are reused to mount butt plate to the but. Can’t figure out the 2 threaded inserts though.
In the product description it says,
“- 8/32" stainless steel pem-nuts inserted into pad plate to hold any aftermarket recoil pad “

That doesn’t make sense to me if they are talking about the 2 inserts I’m asking about. There are 2 tapped holes in the pad plate.

Can’t find any instructions.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, I guess the screws in the picture are used with the inserts to screw the butt plate to the stock and I’ll need screws for the pad. I over think these things, I think. Lol. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have installed over 50 of these and they always come with the pad screws as well.
ape82, make a YouTube video on installation. I was shocked that there aren’t any to find on YouTube. You’ll get rich off just one video. :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I’ve watch it several times. He uses wood screws to attach the plate to the stock, like I have now. He doesn’t show how he put the butt pad on. It certainly help with the grinding/sanding aspect.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
He is a very nice guy and asked me many questions about the install and set up. Plus he did a great job. The only scary thing that I didn't know was he used a chop saw to cut it. If you buy something from me don't be afraid to ask questions, you might learn a better way. Joe

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Received a copy of “Stock Fitter’s Bible” today.
Now I’m set.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts