Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the opportunity today (and presumably tomorrow) to buy an XD 9mm NIB. Came with three hi-cap mags, molded holster, cleaning rod(s), hard case (lockable?) and I believe a cable gun lock. It was priced in the mid 400's. I know little about Springfield, and nothing about the XD series except they spend a alot on advertising, the ads are in every magazine I get. Anyone have any experience with these guns? And is the price good? Any downside other than its not a .45?

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have a xd/m (more 17 rounds in .40) in .40 cal,excellent pistol, accurate, easy take down and features you don't find on other pistols.down side almost too big for a carry pistol,the xd is simular,the 400 is a o.k. price, paid about 700 for my xdm,Dan Witcher

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
We sell quite a few in the shop where I work. I had an XD40 and liked it but in a flash of brilliance traded it on a Citori.
Main things....made in Croatia, polymer frame like a Glock, trigger "safety" like a Glock, pretty darn good ergonomics, added grip safety and some pretty well made accessories. Only down side is where it is made and it doesn't shoot 7 1/2s or 8s very well. Also, it isn't a 1911.

·
Registered
29 Posts
my wife carries a compact 9mm xd every day, she loved the gun so much she bought a 9mm xd service model just to shoot at the range...... great gun

·
Registered
197 Posts
i have 2 45 -xds an 3 9mm all have been fantastic handguns , they work great , easy to clean , and SA will back them no problems , 400 's is normal i figure your looking at a new one ,

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I looked at XD, but decided to stay with a 1911 frame and bought a Kimber Pro Carry. I am use to the 1911's and prefer them. Of course they are a bit more expensive.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I'm pleased with my .40 sub-compact 3". The extended mags are comfortable at the range and the 10 round mags are smaller for concealment. They are a bit thick and chunky, like any double stack.

·
Registered
9,984 Posts
After getting to try some of my 9mm reloads through my brothers gun at our local indoor range I can say I was very impressed noting that it was every bit as smooth and accurate as any Glock I've shot..it was almost as accurate as my Hi-Power

·
Sky Buster
4,127 Posts
I have a XD-9 and consider it a good pistol. I also have a S&W M&P
in .40 The M&P is a better gun in my opinion. Fits the hand better
with the interchangeable back straps. Also has ambi slide release and
the magazine release can be reversed if your left handed. Trigger
pull is also better than my XD. Lifetime warranty which includes
next day air both ways.

·
Registered
679 Posts
The XD was one of the few pistols I did not own.....I had a friend who wanted one of my pistols but had to trade his XD 40.....We did the deal.....This thing is a shooter - 2'' at 25 yards with my reloads & 2 1/2'' with the Rem & Win cheaper ammo.....I really like it but nothing compares to the 1911 - nothing......Good shootin Irish if you buy it.............Pete

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. Looks like a good pistol, and a reasonable price. I really would have preferred a different cal., but this was the only S.A. in the store. Called today and it is still there, headin' that way soon. Thanks, you guys are a wealth of info! I don't post much, but read this site regularly. I learn something new every time.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. Looks like a good pistol, and a reasonable price. I really would have preferred a different cal., but this was the only S.A. in the store. Called today and it is still there, headin' that way soon. Thanks, you guys are a wealth of info! I don't post much, but read this site regularly. I learn something new every time.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Own a XD-sc and XDm in 9mm, Love them both. You can't go wrong with SA. Lifetime warranty and customer service is excellent. When I bought the XDm, they had an free extra set of 19 round magazines and pouch promotion going. I received them two weeks ago, making the mag count 4 and 2 pouches for that gun.

You will not be sorry for getting that firearm.
<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/Guns/?action=view&current=311535a7.jpg" target="_blank">
</a>

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/Guns/?action=view&current=HPIM1606Large.jpg" target="_blank">
</a>

Jerbear

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks again for the input guys. I will be picking it up tomorrow. EE thanks for the advise (to shop around) but it was an impulse buy, wasn't even looking. I have other pistols, and "a few rounds" of 9mm at the house. It'll just be for plinking, or targets, not a carry gun.

Thanks again,
Eddie

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.