Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a beautiful Springfield Armory XD, 40 S&W, from a friend. I sent an email to Springfield asking them to please mail me an owners manual. In 5 minutes I got a response back from a person named Jon who replied, it is in the mail. It cost them over $3.00 to ship & I had it in 4 days.........Then I recieved a gift from a great friend, a 40 S&W Glock. I requested an owners manual from Glock. Several emails & requests later, like over 4-5 weeks, I have not heard from them.......Just thought I would pass on this info to you guys................Pete

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
Good to know, but I never had a problem getting anything from Glock ... So, your point is ..? We can throw them in a puddle of mud, pick them up and see which one works ... When seconds count and the Cops are only minutes away make mine a Glock ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Remember that the XDs can handle either lead or jacketed bullets; the standard Glock is limited to jacketed because of the shape of the ends of the lands.

MK

·
Registered
967 Posts
I have 3 .40s, a Sig, an XD and a Glock. I like the XD the best, just easier for me to shoot and it's never jammed. The Sig never jammed either. Hardly ever shoot the Glock. Glock has a lot of followers... never understood why.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
<blockquote><I>"For me the Glock has a more natural grip for point shooting. I always shot high with the XD."</i></blockquote>Interesting...most of the guys I know that have shot both find it the other way around.

MK

·
Registered
849 Posts
Anyone ever heard of "KABOOM"? That and "no lead" in a Glock are the reasons I bought a Kahr CW9 to carry instead of a Glock.

Buz

·
Registered
136 Posts
Glocks are ok, but I find the grip more natural and better for me with the XD, absolutly no probems with it so far. Started out shooting the 1911 and it feels alot like it.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I refuse to enter this pissing match again. This horse has been so beaten to death in just the last 2-3 months it is criminal. And it never convinces anyone of anything.

Shoot whatever you like, "any gun will do, if you will do".

Randy

·
Registered
25,281 Posts
At least the XD won't blow up with reloads or lead bullets.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
<blockquote><I>"I was going to buy a springfield xd until I saw that was imported."</I></blockquote>You must not own much of anything, then!

OH, and by the way, Glock pistols are designed and made in Deutsch-Wagram, AUSTRIA.

MK

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
BS, I have fired many thousands of cast lead bullets through my Glocks with no ill effects. Accuracy is good enough and the Glock barrels are much easier to clean than conventional rifling.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
If you throw your pistol in a puddle of mud when someone is trying to shoot you.... you are preeeettty much up the creek no matter what kind it is, a red herring that argument is.

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
I've seen both shot very well and can't think of a bad thing to say about either one. I'm not a big Glock fan, but I did handle a new Gen4 9mm and it was a delight to shoot (it had different sights and a great 3.5 lb trigger).

I think this is a matter of personal preferance. While neither one is a 1911, I wouldn't be a bit afraid of trusting my life with either one.

ss

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
<blockquote><I>"BS, I have fired many thousands of cast lead bullets through my Glocks with no ill effects."</i></blockquote>The warning comes from Glock. No one made it up. You pays your money and you takes your chances!

MK

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
Only Glock has a Field Armorer's program, and on-the-road factory training for Instructor Development. Many Law Enforcement Instructors use the Development Class for Continuing Education in their field. I also use it to help keep my State Certified Trainer creds.

Know the gun, and how to use it. Glock has made sure this can happen in the field.

If you don't know how to feed, care for, and shoot your Glock, it is your own [email protected] fault.

Nothing wrong with the Springer, but I know of no LE Depts issuing it. Glock has 65% of the world wide handgun market.

They may not be the best sidearm out there, but for a defensive tool that MUST work, they are the accepted standard in most circles, from casual shooters to Armed Professionals.

ANY QUESTIONS?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.