Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three of us are flying to Tucson in February for the last part of the Spring Grand. We'll have a rental car to motor around Tucson. Where's the best place to buy 2100 rounds of shot shells (8-9 flats)? Doesn't have to be premium ammo. In fact we'd prefer economy shells, Estate, Top Gun, Gun Club, Super Target, etc. Suggestions on where we can find some $60ish per flat shells?

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
Dick's is running some decent sales right now (don't know for how much longer) so if there's a dick in your area, er I mean Dick's, check them out.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, but I don't need ammo now, I need it at the end of February and I need it in Tucson, AZ. I'm looking for a reference to a vendor or sporting goods store, etc. in the Tucson area that someone could recommend.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Sportsman's is $67 a flat in Tucson. They seem to have plenty, but do not know the limits, ie how many per person per purchase.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Why wouldn't you buy it from the club? You're right there,sign up at one window walk to another window to purchase the ammo then carry it to the field and enjoy. Good luck, shoot well--it's a great club.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
I would advise you to contact Doug Sims at the club and arrange to have them waiting for you. Very good man to work with.

Tom Strunk

·
Registered
500 Posts
I sent an e-mail to the club about a month and a half ago. I did not get a response so I called the club and talked to a woman. She told me that they were not taking orders for ammo for the Spring Grand. About a week later, a different woman replied to my e-mail and told me basically the same thing. I am shooting all of the second week and figure that I need at least six flats, enough for the events and a few practice rounds too. I would pay for six flats of ammo right now if I could and they would hold it until February.

Jim Bradbury

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Hi : Jim Bradbury

Under the impression they have looked after the shell situation.
If all things go well I will arrive in Tucson sooner than you.
Do you know how to send a private message

Joe Woods/Ontario

1 - 12 of 12 Posts