Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
anybody test results in 1 1/8 shell 1250fps what wads seem to be most effective?
Tried all kinds of different combinations and found the results not worth the effort,cost, and time to mess with them. slightly better than cylinder chokes but very little better.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Worry more about hard target focus, proper shooting fundamentals and improving your mental game.

Gimmicks don't make championship caliber shooters, but what I listed does.

Good Luck and Good Shooting!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
anybody test results in 1 1/8 shell 1250fps what wads seem to be most effective?
Sport, I cannot furnish you with test results but I've loaded both the Brush Wad and the X Stream Spreader Insert from Ballistic Products and they are both good. The Brush Wad is my favorite though but it does leave lead streaks but they come out when you clean your muzzle. The reason I like the Brush Wad more is that it's easier to load, you don't have to drop the Insert down into a wad for loading.

The above being said, I shot some Fiocchi Spreaders today on rabbits that did very good, but it's about $87.50/flat vs $50/flat to reload. The Brush Wad and the Insert are best in my guns around 23-24 yds. and the Fiocchi around 28 yds. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I use the dispersor X 12g wads from ballistic products. I believe it opens up my light mod or tighter choke patterns, so I don't have to change chokes for just the few close targets presented on a tournament sporting course. However, can't argue with Claypoppy's statement.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
You maybe able to find some of the old PC post wads to try out. I have some if you just want some for testing. I also have some loading data for them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have a couple of bags that I have had for years , looks like a PC (light blue with very short fingers. ) Never did anything with them if anyone wants 250 PM me and pay postage and you can have them thanx Cary!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I shoot a lot of older classic doubles with tight chokes and on close targets they can be a real handicap. I use the Gualandi Dispersor-X spreader wad from Ballistic Products and I have found that it really opens up tight chokes. It has an X-Post in the center of the wad. It's no more of a gimmick than choke tubes and it is pretty easy to reload. I tested it extensively against the brush wads and the x-inserts and it produces a much more consistent pattern.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I started using the Dispersor-X wad this year for sporting clays and I have liked the results thus far. An avid SC shooter friend of mine tore into three different factory spreader load he used and they all had a Dispersor-X (or clone) wad in them.

·
Banned
3 Posts
I have a couple open bags from ballistic products if you want them you can have them for postage cost .
How are the wads from ballistic? Do they give you a lot of build up like the clay buster wads will? Thought about ordering some but don’t wanna deal with build up from the cheaper plastic like clay buster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have no idea the ones I have came with a lot I purchased ,been sitting on my shelf and don't think I'll use them so just passing them along if someone wants them .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts