Trapshooters Forum banner

Sportsman Warehouse Lead Shot

3106 13
Has anyone had any experience with Sportsman Warehouse Magnum shot made in American by Hot Shot? They have a sale at my local for $39.00 a bag. Worried it might be reclaimed but of course none of the clerks had any clue.

This is cheaper than I can buy Eagle Shot so worth a review. Would appreciate any experience.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW - I've read all the old post on this subject on this TS.com site, but as most things, some get better. I'm looking for 2021 experience so I can make some decisions between a $39 bag and a $50+ bag of Lawrence. Thanks.

· Registered
239 Posts
I've shot probably 20 bags of it. I'd place it somewhere between Eagle and Lawrence. It is not reclaimed, but from what I've heard it is re-dropped from reclaimed shot. I'd buy more if my local Sportsmans Warehouse could ever get more in.

Bag says it is made in the US by Hot Shot.

· Registered
13,490 Posts
I would buy as much as you can afford right now. I expect its a medium dense shot at best. Unless your shooting from the 27 yard line, It will work just fine. Its all new shot and round and the same size shot. So its much better than re-claimed shot. I have no idea what yardage you are in handicap. But I expect this shot will be fine for up to the 23 yard line!!! Its more than adequate for singles. I expect the price gouging to continue for another 18 months or so. So you can figure your needs until then, if you like. Good Luck and don't forget to break em all jeff

· Registered
125 Posts
I used it over the years along with Lawrence and Eagle and can't tell the difference at any yardage. My friend just picked some up and it was $42.00 a bag while Lawrence was $40.00 - both at the same Sportsmen's. We're in California and everything is limited stock or none at all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.