Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were getting a Sporting Clays Stock made, who would you use?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Charlie, no disrespect, but where are you in the learning curve for sporting clays? Consistency of mounts. etc. If it were me, before spending the better part of $5000 on a custom fitted stock, I'd go visit Don Currie or Chris Batha...if you live in the south east. Both excellent instructors who can also guide you in the fitting process. I'm sure there are others, but these come to mind.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Why, Bill Davis/Ken Rucker. They made the stock on my 1100 Competition, and that's the gun I use for SC; Getting that second shot off with a Mono gun might prove tricky, particularly with true pairs.

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Charlie, no disrespect, but where are you in the learning curve for sporting clays? Consistency of mounts. etc. If it were me, before spending the better part of $5000 on a custom fitted stock, I'd go visit Don Currie or Chris Batha...if you live in the south east. Both excellent instructors who can also guide you in the fitting process. I'm sure there are others, but these come to mind.
I've been shooting SC for about 15-17 years.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
What gun are you/were you thinking of shooting? Kolar/Krieghoff in house stock makers would be on my short list as well. Dave T.

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What gun are you/were you thinking of shooting? Kolar/Krieghoff in house stock makers would be on my short list as well. Dave T.
I already have MX 8/2000 .

I totally lost all respect for you. I always thought of you as a manly man.....Tsk, tsk.
Tron, what's worse is I've lost respect for me as a shooter.

Reactions: entropy and Tron

·
Registered
675 Posts
Charlie,
If you want the best fit and a beautiful finished stock with reasonable fees you cannot beat Jon & Mike at S & S + in Polson, Mt.
Mike does travel in the winter and spring to do fitting and then the stocks are made following that or you could also travel to their shop whenever. It is beautiful country where they are.

CT

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I looked it up, over 2,000 miles

1 - 16 of 16 Posts