Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You have read the threads about how sporting clays is gaining momentum in the clay arena. Is it true? How popular is sport clays becoming? This coming summer, NBC Sports will be broadcasting sporting clay competitions on TV.

Pretty cool.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Just as an FYI..

Having worked in the media arena in fishing for a couple of decades, I can tell you that most of this type of programming is paid for, block programming. The producer buys the time from the network, sells his own advertising and then reaps the profit or takes the loss (it's a fine line...generally 7 to 7.5 minutes of advertising to sell and break even is around 6).

That being said, you still have to pitch the network that your idea will draw viewership, they won't air just anything, (except during overnights). I just skimmed the article and didn't find any reference, but I would hazard a guess that this is airing on The NBC Sports Network on cable/sat and not on NBC Broadcasting.

It just wouldn't be accurate if people got the impression that NBC sports had pegged SC as a viable market it wanted to get behind. To NBC, it's not much different that an infomercial for bass-o-matic, it pays the same.

Regards,

Chip

1 - 2 of 2 Posts