Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All : After 50 yrs. of enjoying our sport, An open gun is a safe gun, consider all guns to be loaded and many other safety reminders. Then along came Covid 19, Isolation , masks, and many other cares. We have not got this old to start to be careless know. I also sell firearms for a living and always advertise sporting goods. Whats next. Safety First Please. And make sure you point your firearm in a safe direction.
BE SAFE !!
Joe Woods/Ontario

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
By golly, thanks for the warning. From now on, I'm gonna be safe with my guns and point them in a safe direction. And I'm gonna consider all guns to be loaded "and many other safety reminders."

Glad I saw this. It may take some getting used to, but I'm going to start following these recommendations when I shoot on Wednesday.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
By golly, thanks for the warning. From now on, I'm gonna be safe with my guns and point them in a safe direction. And I'm gonna consider all guns to be loaded "and many other safety reminders."

Glad I saw this. It may take some getting used to, but I'm going to start following these recommendations when I shoot on Wednesday.
I have a question on the safe direction thing. If I have my guns in the safe with the barrels up, is it safe to get on the roof?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I don’t see how this message can be repeated too often. If the truth be known, everybody at one time or another carelessly violated these safety rules. Usually, it doesn’t cause injury or death, but that’s just because of luck. But when the worst happens, it is devastating in a big way. Ask the families who actually experienced the worst happening if this is a funny subject to be made light of.

Constant vigilance of these gun safety rules is aided by reminders like this.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Familiarity breeds nonvigilance. Check the status of every gun you pick up or are handed every time. Live the Four Rules. When those inevitable violation of one of those rules occurs, and as Rattler says, we all have done it at sometime, the other 3 are your safety net. They will turn a potential tragedy into a temporary embarrassment.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Thanks Joe! Can never be repeated too often...and for those of you that don't know Mr. Woods...he can say what he wants, when he wants...the man has done more for youth shooting in Ontario than anyone in the past and he has been an advocate for shooters here in Canada for decades.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts