Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've made three calls to Spolar in the last 3 days on their 800 number. I get a answering machine and leave my number for a small parts order, and no response. Is anyone working there any longer?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
They are still in business. Carter and Dixie are Sparta bound this week.
I spoke to Mike just this past Wednesday, but I don't believe he handles orders just tech help.

·
Registered
352 Posts
We are still in business and both of our cell phone numbers are on the outgoing message. Ken is right; we were on our way, driving to and are currently in Sparta but we have 3 employees working at the shop/office. Sometimes messages are left that are impossible to understand despite replaying them repeatedly, but our each of our 4 lines have caller identification so if your number shows up, we call back and ask about your call. If you need something and can't get an answer, call my cell,
Dicksie Spolar,
909-553-5305

·
L'Étoile du Nord
497 Posts
We are still in business and both of our cell phone numbers are on the outgoing message. Ken is right; we were on our way, driving to and are currently in Sparta but we have 3 employees working at the shop/office. Sometimes messages are left that are impossible to understand despite replaying them repeatedly, but our each of our 4 lines have caller identification so if your number shows up, we call back and ask about your call. If you need something and can't get an answer, call my cell,
Dicksie Spolar,
909-553-5305
I've often wondered why you don't bring a supply of machines with you to Sparta to sell on site? It would save a valued potential customer at least six weeks production time and close to $200 in shipping charges. Care to comment?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I've often wondered why you don't bring a supply of machines with you to Sparta to sell on site? It would save a valued potential customer at least six weeks production time and close to $200 in shipping charges. Care to comment?
One thought is having to bring a crazy amount of components to set a machine up for all of the potential customers. Unless arrangements and deposits were set up ahead of time for pickup there. Of course if they were to bring their own and watch the set up right there Would be pretty cool to be honest.

·
2,768 Posts
They set up the machine for YOUR load. Imagine how many different powders and wads they's have to bring to fit any potential buyer's load.

As to $200 in shipping, I live in Florida and shipping, IIRC, was just under $100 for mine.

Bob

·
L'Étoile du Nord
497 Posts
I recently considered ordering one and was quoted $150 shipping and handling plus $15 for something else I don't recall what though.

Come on, it's a loader, a quick change of a simple bushing and your loading a new recipe. The, "your recipe" thing is just a gimmick.

·
2,768 Posts
Really? Often you need to change the machine for crimp depth from hull to hull or from 1 oz to 1 1/8. More than the change of a bushing.

They load about 100 of your loads on the machine. Bolt it down and load.

I get it, you don't apparently like the Spolars, but they have been very good to me. Almost 200k on mine.

Bob

·
L'Étoile du Nord
497 Posts
I like Spolars very much. I've used a hydro spolar of my father's to load thousands. And I know that a twist of my thumb and pointer finger will adjust the crimp depth instantly. And Carter & Dixie don't even have to guide me through the complicated process. Look, nobody loads just one load. At some point the buyer is going to have to make adjustments, so lets just agree the "your load" non-sense is a sales gimmick.

I'm just curious why they don't bring any machines to actually sell, that's all.

·
Registered
57 Posts
. . . Look, nobody loads just one load. At some point the buyer is going to have to make adjustments, so lets just agree the "your load" non-sense is a sales gimmick. . . .
It's not a gimmick at all. When your press arrives, you put powder and shot in and begin to load. Immediately.

There's no other press you can buy that arrives in that condition. It's a great start.

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
Probably bought both used. I wouldn't believe otherwise.....
Of course, one for $1,000 off here. The other I traded a new PW 800 Plus and RCBS Grand for a Spolar with hydraulics and extras straight across. Both were like new. The deals are out there-you gotta keep looking.

You also need the cash when they show up. Paladins pockets are usually empty!!

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
Maybe it's space available in their transport, maybe it's not in their plan, maybe it's to damn far to haul. But hey your the expert and they should have consulted with you.

Don

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dicksie Spolar,
909-553-5305
Well Dicksie, they must have taken a little time off. I mean three messages in three days, no return call. I think I speak clearly and generally repeat twice. You might want to shake some cages, and wake the troops up. I mean it was a small parts order, but I did expect a call back in a reasonable time frame.

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
No offense to Spolar, they are obviously a very fine product, but my reply to you is, I have three 9000's and two AutoMate's. All bought new........
Adds up to less than the price of one new Spolar with hydraulics. Not to mention not made out of reclaimed cheap soda cans either. Did I mention I also have a PW 900E just set up for Federal papers for #2 son? Got that from my gunsmith's widow for free. Nothing comes close to a Spolar!!

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Of course, one for $1,000 off here. The other I traded a new PW 800 Plus and RCBS Grand for a Spolar with hydraulics and extras straight across. Both were like new. The deals are out there-you gotta keep looking.

You also need the cash when they show up. Paladins pockets are usually empty!!
What would you know about full "pockets"? Obviously nothing. Full "pockets" buy new, not used. Full "pockets" have a motor coach, travel around the country shooting the big shoots... You, can't even manage to travel three states over to attend the Grand. Full "pockets",, do not use 15 excuses and failings not to.....

1 - 20 of 63 Posts