Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my new (to me) Spolar Friday. I have loaded a few shells on it, and really like it, but I would like for the shells to drop out of the front instead of the back. My question is has anyone converted the shell drop to do this??
Don

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
stand behind it.

tony

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Don---Lets see a pic of your new conversion.

Matt

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Matt it is simply a 1 inch thin wall PVC with a 45 elbow on it. I cut the elbow at the right slant to fit under the shell drop. I hold it on the loader with a pipe clamp screwed to the table. I drilled a hole in it so I can drop a Pin in it to hold it or I can take it out to remove the shell drop. Maybe I better just put a picture on here. LOL
Don
rennerize_2008_03035.jpg

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Very nice Don. Where there is a will there is a way. Now all i gotta do is save for a Spolar. LOL

Matt

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe a little crude but it works great. The shells drop into the pipe and I can load up to 4 before I take them out and put them in my Mec ez pak.
Don

·
Registered
92 Posts
Jeez, you guys sure make it tough on yourselves. Drop the damn shells in a 5 gallon bucket and when you are heading to the range count out 25 shells and put them in a ziplock bag. Or better yet, just take the bucket! I got shells to reload not stackin em in a shell packer!

Tom

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Tom--How is standing on the Trap line with a freak'n 5 gallon bucket or ziplock bag convenient?? What you gonna bend over and pick a shell out of the bucket every shot?? Boy great idea especially for people with bad backs like myself. I like grabing one out of the box at my waist. Good luck with your bucket and ziplocks.

Don--as i stated before, good job at making your life easier.

Freak'n ziplock........

·
Registered
583 Posts
My front drop (PW 800+) drops into a rubbermaid dishwashing tub. From there they go into a ammo can that holds about 400 12 gauge shells. When the rubbermaid tub fills up and the ammo can is full, I start filling 5 gal buckets.

If I have to box, then I do that in front of the idiot box (I only box competition loads - I see no point in boxing practice ammo)

Skeet guys may wear tu-tus' -- but at least we can count :)

John

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
It appears as though you have had some powder and shot drops when a case was not present. Mite be time to spiff your reloading area a little don't you think.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah it is from setting it up. It operates differently from my PW. I should have cleaned it before I took the picture.
Don

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no offense intended to you, but that set up is butt ugly.

The Spolar is a bloody work of art, and next to YOUR work of art, you have a dirty MEC stacker. For Shame!

The esthetic Police are coming for you, my friend.

Try this for esthetic harmony;;;;;;

I have that set up on mine too, But I wanted a front drop that I can catch each shell and put in my dirty old Mec ez pak. LOL
Don

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
John--You know they invented PVC pipe glue sometime back? It actually works pretty darn good and holds a bit better than the Blue Painters tape. LOL

Matt

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now Matt, give him a break he is a nice guy. I did use the PVC glue on my under the table drop>>> LOL ????? I think I have cabin fever too... LOL
Don

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Top Single DT10---I was just jerking your chain on the glue thing. Your setup is fine. I would hate for you to see the various things i have duct tapped together in the garage. LOL

Matt

·
Registered
92 Posts
grntitan - I hope that you are being tongue in cheek about taking the 5 gallon bucket to the line? If you are great, if you aren't, well mores the pity! If I'm going to a shoot I count out 26 shells and put them in a ziplock bag and throw them in my range bag, if I'm shooting practice I park a bucket (not a full bucket) on the bench and usually don't count them when I put them in my vest or jacket just enough to get me through a round. I've found that with the time I waste trying to fill up shell boxes I can load more rounds. I rarely change recipes so if that happens I just put a note in the bucket that tells me what they are. Besides, I can't remember the last time I shot factory ammo and boxes don't last too long for me.

YMMV

Tom

·
Registered
360 Posts
Nice rigs! I drop mine into a bag that I got at Menards, Holds exactly 300 shells, easy to carry, and perfect for a day at the range. Thought about the bucket, but this way I load a bag, grab it and go. Used ot box the shells, but that was time consuming and anal.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.