Trapshooters Forum banner

Spolar on TV last night

3489 Views 15 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  ksal391
No, it wasn't Carter wearing make-up. On Bones last night, 3-18-13 Fox Channel (Season 8, Episode 19), the forensic guys were loading some Dragon's Breath loads on a Spolar Gold. You may have to wait a week before you can watch the rerun on the Fox Channel website over the internet. Bob
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
15,230 Posts
Some propmaster probably bought it off ebay, and it's the last time it'll see the light of day until they need it for another movie/tv show.

Even more exciting would be if someone connected to the program actually used it on a regular basis.</b>

· Registered
2,330 Posts
Popcorn will be extra.

Watched the show tonight. Hodgins did not put a wad in the shell he reloaded. He only cranked the handle 4 times by my count. Carter / Dicksie were obviously NOT on-set to properly instruct the actors.

Gene in Illinois

· Registered
967 Posts
Gene --

Given the story, why would a wad be used? Since the shell was only powder holder with a built in ignition "switch" (of sorts, don't want to give up spoilers), wouldn't it be correct NOT to put a wad in it?

Honestly don't know the answer -- not many of us reload shells with no shot in them...

John

· Registered
2,330 Posts
jevoliva et al:

I know it's a TV show and the producers / writers / actors only do what they are told. I'd bet $1000.00 NONE of them have ever even truly fired a shotgun.

According to what I read, Dragon's Breath shells are loaded with pellets made of magnesium, which ignite on exposure to the air. Seems to me one would want to separate the ignitable pellets from the powder , presumably with a wad, before firing.

Maybe that's just me, but I wouldn't want magnesium pellets mixing with the powder.

Gene in Illinois

· Premium Member
10,641 Posts
Great company and great people

Regards from Iowa

Gene

PS- they have a "technical advisor" and also an endorsement marketing program-- pretty certain it was the tech advisor who got this in

Wonder who that person is

· Registered
646 Posts
If anyone watches The Walking Dead on AMC you may have also spotted a MEC of some sort. It was in the bottom of the shot and all you could really see was the charge bar and that it was missing the powder and shot hoppers. It was most definitely a MEC though.

· Supporting Vendor
1,369 Posts
You guys really need the weather to get warmer if you are searching TV shows for reloading action scenes. Just saying. Terry

· Registered
357 Posts
The shows technical property person does reload metallic and was familiar with our reloader. He told us he is impressed with it and feels it reflects the high tech format of Bones. When he contacted us to get one, as always, we were back ordered. Robert Guerrero, who works with us, offered to loan has personal reloader to them, so now Robert has not only a Spolar, but a "movie star" Spolar.
Dicksie

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.