Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about buying them. Do they really make a difference? I shoot Federal papers and they have a tendency of sticking in (Alfermann's, Ljutic's, Silver Seitz) style guns. Just looking for a little feedback if these dies will fix the problem.
Thank You

· Registered
619 Posts
My understanding was the new anodized dies are to make steel head shells resize with less effort. Federal paper are brass so I wouldn’t see an advantage. Finished OD of the shell base is what’s really in play here. I don’t have 12 ga dies on my Spolar so I can’t test the theory.
V/r
Maxey

· Premium Member
349 Posts
I have both the old style and the new on several spolars. According to Dicksie the Cowboy Action shooters wanted a faster drop in on their shells. That was their solution. As for dropping in the my K80, can't tell the difference. While loading, a little bit tighter on the new ones and one can tell they are sizing harder. I'm probably not describing it very well.....

Reactions: MRS. KS-OKIE

· Premium Member
8,277 Posts
Why don't they come standard like that in the first place?
They do come standard now.

Alot of units were produced prior to the development due to the cowboy action shooters desire.

I've got both kinds but quite honestly never had any issues with tight chambered guns and the original dies.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.