Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there, about to install a new hydraulic unit on my spolar and have a quick question. has anyone installed the actuator arm on the left side of the unit? all pictures/video I can find show the actuator arm on the right side. The instructions don't have specific instructions on which side to install the arm.

thanks!

· Registered
1,091 Posts
I haven't done it but you are going to reverse the mounting plates and then you are going to have to move the handle stop from the right side to the left side.Make sure you have the hydro piston mounted straight and when you have everything set up,tighten down the 4 lock nuts,then test run the unit empty.The 4-hyro piston lock nuts must be tight,or it will cause movement,you can't see and it will give you a sporatic noise problem,that you have never hear before,I know,I had that happen to me.

· Premium Member
5,256 Posts
I have seen one mounted on the left . Stop was moved and the template hole drilling guide was lain on his bench on the reverse side so the template was correct for drilling on the left . I worked out great for a Lefty....

· Premium Member
5,256 Posts
The one I was able to see was done on the left to better accommodate the under bench mounting of the Hydraulic unit . A under bench safe was located just to the right of the loaders feet from the wall to flush with the front edge of the bench top. Would have required extra long hoses to mount to the right of the loader......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.