Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
......As far as having 480K rounds through a unit and never have tweaked the detent's and replaced the washer seals ,the reloading god's are shining down, on your machine.
This came up in another thread, starting a new one as to not hijack.....

Bought my Spolar used about 18 months ago. I notice that when looking at powder bottle from front, I can wiggle it a little bit side to side, (Meaning tipping the bottle side to side) and the bottle holder will rock side to side ever so slightly.

Should I just tighten the detent screw a little bit? I can't recall if this is included int hat old Spolar video on youtube or not.

I haven't been to concerned, because I don't seem to be getting any powder migration (Except with 410 powders, of course!) sso I haven't tried to do anything about it.

Thanks for any inputs/advice.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I have a Spolar and have two friends with Spolars. They all wobble a little bit. Otherwise you would not be able to move the bottles from side-to-side.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Yep,the bottles need to be tweaked right,not too tight,nor too loose.I lost about 75 shells that way,as the powder bottle,walked itself partailey, to the off position.You normally.won't be looking for this
to happen,until it happens to you,from experience.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts