Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
With the hydraulics you can't tell much difference. When pulling the handle, you can feel them seat a little harder. I use reloaded Gun Clubs as throw aways when shooting my Fabarms Velocity and when I'm ready to load up a batch of those, I run them through a MEC super-sizer first. Makes them STOS.

·
Registered
222 Posts
no issue with either 12 or 20ga gun clubs, using Nobel Sport primers you can feel the primer seat first time, after that its like butter.

·
2,755 Posts
Like APrice's, mine is hydraulic.

I am going on 165K since I got it in late 2008. I have loaded thousands & thousands of Gun Clubs and maybe a thousand Top Guns and have never had a problem.

This reloader is one of the few trapshooting items that I have no regrets about buying and would certainly buy again. Now some of the guns I have purchased, on the other hand, ....

Bob

·
Registered
800 Posts
I always run the steel hulls thru a Mec Supersizer first. Makes everything sooo much easier. No hydraulics on the Spolar.

Tomas

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I use my Spolar manually and I had to stop using steel hulls. Very hard to pop out of the machine. Primers went in fine. Dave T.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Had a manual Spolar for the last couple years and yes you can tell a bit more resistance when ejecting the fully loaded top gun or gun clubs. Went to AA only but my wife bought me the hydraulic unit from Spolar for Xmas. Everything runs through it very smoothly now. Buy a hydraulic unit, you will love it. Lee

·
Registered
260 Posts
Keep checking the foot on your primer stand. If the set-screw in it comes loose it will slowly spin down, eventually causing your primers to be set so deep the firing pin will not reach some of them. I'm going to Loctite mine as soon as I am sure I have (again) gotten in in the best "average" position for the various hulls I reload.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts