Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my loader in 1996, good old serial number 072. I have had great relationship with the Spolars for all these years, many laughs, emails, some funny correspondence. To say the least, I'm not a mechanic and I'm sure Carter and Dicksie will agree with this assessment. #072 runs better today than the day I got it. I'll enclose two of my letters that I sent to the Spolars.
IMG_20200410_221624384.jpg
IMG_20200410_221955013.jpg

·
Super Moderator
3,258 Posts
My sentiments exactly Charlie, always a great experience with them. Here is a back and forth with Dicksie a dozen years ago.

Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2008 3:20 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: self created spolar problem

Dec 14, 2008, 2:37 PM

Dicksie,

After your reply I decided to look at it one more time before giving up.

I even put on my glasses and put a bright light on the area.

I didn't realize the nut on the end of the spring for the female primer slide did anything besides adjust tension.

Once I figured out that nut actually moves the slot in the female primer slide to line up with the track, I was able to adjust it properly. Works perfect again.

The spot I filed wasn't the primer slot, it was the beveled edge behind it. Has no contact with the primers.

Whew!!!

Thanks for the reply and you guys have a great holidays.

Harv & Debbie Shell

[Message clipped] View entire message

Dicksie Spolar <[email protected]>
Dec 15, 2008, 8:35 AM

to me

You're smarter than the average bear, that is all that the nut does. It should be almost to the end of the threads.

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I use technically terms, thing-a- ma-jig and whachumucallit. Not everyone is versed in hillbilly terminology.

Reactions: o-hale
1 - 3 of 3 Posts