Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called customer service to see if there were any updates on when my back ordered
cheddite primers will ship. I was told that they expect the primers to arrive at their warehouse tomorrow!!!!! and they should be shipping out primers next week. I was also informed that they have enough to fill new primer orders. So if you need primers get your orders in now.

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
I ordered (not back ordered) primers from Ballistic products on the morning of February 5th and just received my order on 4/1/21. I believe they started the backorders later that day, judging from the postings here on TS.com

Word of warning, instead of shipping me the case I ordered still in the case, they took the individual boxes out of the case, then threw them into a much larger box loose with only a very small strip of butcher paper on top. All of the primer boxes were destroyed in shipping, the larger shipping box was destroyed in shipping and after I received it I found one of the sleeves was missing 6 primers that were also not in the box. So somewhere in the line of FedEx between Ballistic Products and myself there are 6 loose primers in the supply chain somewhere.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My order was placed on 2/14 so I hope I will get them next week

·
Premium Member
5,738 Posts
Cheddites seems to be about the only shot shell primers that are quasi, semi, psuedo available. CAC had them available briefly last week for $25/k. 2K limit at first but soon reduced to 1K limit.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Mine was 2/9. Got them a week or 2 ago. Thankfully, they were in the original packaging and not loose.
I'm hoping mine will ship soon then as I placed my order on 2/11 and per the web page my status is:

2/11/2021​
Back Ordered, No Shipment Set​

·
Registered
461 Posts
I ordered (not back ordered) primers from Ballistic products on the morning of February 5th and just received my order on 4/1/21. I believe they started the backorders later that day, judging from the postings here on TS.com

Word of warning, instead of shipping me the case I ordered still in the case, they took the individual boxes out of the case, then threw them into a much larger box loose with only a very small strip of butcher paper on top. All of the primer boxes were destroyed in shipping, the larger shipping box was destroyed in shipping and after I received it I found one of the sleeves was missing 6 primers that were also not in the box. So somewhere in the line of FedEx between Ballistic Products and myself there are 6 loose primers in the supply chain somewhere.
Same timeline for me, same story on loose boxes beat half to death in shipping.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I am waiting on my 700 x. It was around Feb 11. They don't up date the order board.
Steve
No, they don't. Getting the shipping notice with tracking number was a complete surprise. To be honest, I forgot I ordered them. 5,000 primers @ $30 a 1,000 is a nice surprise in this horrible Biden era. CAC was charging $25 so $30 isn't too bad even though I choked a little. I read CAC had a 1,000 or 2,000 limit so I guess it's a tradeoff for a little more cost for double the primers.

·
Registered
773 Posts
No, they don't. Getting the shipping notice with tracking number was a complete surprise. To be honest, I forgot I ordered them. 5,000 primers @ $30 a 1,000 is a nice surprise in this horrible Biden era. CAC was charging $25 so $30 isn't too bad even though I choked a little. I read CAC had a 1,000 or 2,000 limit so I guess it's a tradeoff for a little more cost for double the primers.
How much is your hazmat fee?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts