Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He was baking cookies for himself and his 2 dogs. Recently went through another round of chemo. Was supposed to give trap lessons in Kansas, but the Covid ended that. Said he might have an other year of no cotton. Just no moisture around Lubbock.
Britt said to say hello.

·
Registered
10,164 Posts
When we lived in OK. I saw Britt shoot a few times and talked with him a couple of times. A simple and humble man ,and a true sportsman. Back in "the Day" he was undoubtedly one of the fastest shooters alive . In a headwind, I have actually seen target pieces come back and hit the house ! He could shoot a target before I could even focus on it ! He was like greased Lightning !!

·
Registered
547 Posts
What impressed me the most was ''post 5 hard right, 27 yard''. No one consistently smoked um as quick as he did. If my memory is correct, he held way off the right corner of the house.
.Again if my memory serves me correct, his guns had a LOP of 15'' +.
I first met Britt at the old PG gun club in MD, when he came out to hunt geese, with the future ATA president ''Lucky'' Nightingdale.

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
He was baking cookies for himself and his 2 dogs. Recently went through another round of chemo. Was supposed to give trap lessons in Kansas, but the Covid ended that. Said he might have an other year of no cotton. Just no moisture around Lubbock.
Britt said to say hello.
Good to hear news about Britt! Amazing teacher and a fine gentleman.

·
Premium Member
3,119 Posts
Is there any video of Britt shooting, I would like to see him in action.

Reactions: little bud

·
Registered
189 Posts
1st met Britt Robinson in May 2009 at the Evergreen Sportsman's Club, Olympia, Washington.
Took a two day class with 4 other shooters. Couple rounds of singles - rest of the time
doubles & handicap. I was on the 22 at that time. Told us many stories how he set up his guns+ time
traveling with Leo Harrison, shooting in the wind - on & on.

He returned a year later and I was fortunate to spend a whole day in a private lesson. Concentrated
on handicap (34 boxes of shells from the 25 - at least 8 hours - He's not a clock watcher & right from the beginning
said we'd go as long as I wanted ha ha!)

12 months later in Spokane, WA (ATA Inland Empire Handicaps) - 97X100 from the 26 to make the 27 for the 1st time (shooting an Alfermann purchased from Merlyn's Trap Guns -solid gun for me).

Great guy!

DSCN5326.jpeg

·
Registered
7,258 Posts
I took his clinic in 1994 and it immediately improved my shooting...and I use what he taught me to this day...if I ever get back to trap again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts