Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Realtors have told me that after everyone says "Yes" that half of the home buyers don't close the deal.

Airplane salesmen say that less than 20% of the buyers who say "Yes" actually close the deal.

Both tell me that this includes buyers who have the financial capacity to complete the deal but just change their minds.

Obviously, both of those are very high ticket items.

Wonder what the sale completion rate is for trap gun deals once they reach "Sold Pending Funds" status ?

Know it should be 100%.

But is it in reality at least better than 90% ?

·
Ljutic Nut
2,907 Posts
I have only ever had one person back out of a deal made here on Trapshooters.com. When he called to tell me I could hear his wife in the back ground, she didn't think he needed a new gun. I felt sorry for the guy and sold the gun a day or two later to someone else.

Jim R

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I just got finished sending two PMs to people who said they would buy and sent my mailing info to. Haven't heard from either in over a week. Not a gun sale but items priced under $50.

I gave each until Dec. 3 to get my payment to me or at least contact me.
If you can't pay in a timely manner you shouldn't be buying. If there is going to be a delay you should notify the seller and find out if they are willing to wait.

Bud

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Anyone who has sat behind a table at a gun show can tell you the "be-backs" are at a success rate of about 5% or less. And......

Anywone who says, "Let me go talk it over with my wife...". Well, you will never see that poor devil again, as he is on a short leash.

Mike

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
Until I closed it two years ago, I had a small internet reloading business. The character quality on this site was always the best. I probably only shipped 10 orders a week to people on this site and had exactly two sales fall through, and NO bad checks. As compared to a pistol shooters site (admittedly a younger crowd) whose members failed about 35% of the time and I got bad checks every week. One of the sites has kind of a hunter/prepper/mountain man site that had over 50% failure, and I never shipped until 7 days after the check cashed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts