Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. My uncle recently passed away, and my aunt has decided that after a few years of caring for him, it's time to see the world. Thus, here is a part of his collection, and a gun that's been in his possession since his grandfather purchased it. It's a L.C. Smith No. 0. 16 gauge, hammerless, and with Damascus barrels. The gun was evaluated by the L.C. Smith Collectors Association, and has a letter detailing this run of guns, and the production numbers, etc. According to them, the case hardening is estimated at 60%, the barrels and bore are in excellent condition, and there's no rust or pitting that I can see. Stock has the normal signs of use, but is in good shape, with nice checkering remaining. Better wood than my old Red Label, anyway! The production number on this model was just over 1000 guns, so, it's a relatively short run. Gun was finished in 1899, which is the first year of the Damascus barrel sets for L.C. Smith. Obviously, you're not going to take this to the Spring Grand, unless you shoot an SKB. Then, heck, maybe you do need a back up gun. Anyway, the value of the gun according to the Collectors Association is between $1600 and $1800. Looking for $1200, plus shipping to your FFL. Thanks!

Chris M.
oneshotonekill_2012_311221.jpg

oneshotonekill_2012_311222.jpg

oneshotonekill_2012_311223.jpg

oneshotonekill_2012_311224.jpg

oneshotonekill_2012_311225.jpg

oneshotonekill_2012_311226.jpg

oneshotonekill_2012_311227.jpg

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty simple path to follow...L.C.C.A. puts a % to the gun, then using the information locked up in books, one can put value to the gun. The value range posted allows for variables based on personal judgement, varied market conditions, and good old American capitalism. Sorry if that wasn't clear enough for everyone to understand.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only difference from my old Ruger, and my old SKB, was that the Ruger wanted to fire both barrels, and the SKB didn't want to fire any.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts