Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For Sale. Beretta 686 marked "Model S686 Special". Twelve gauge. 28" barrels marked "SPORTING". Mobil choke tubes. Serial # L508xxB. Date code "BC" which from my research puts DOM at 1993. Functions flawlessly. I've used it for Sporting Clays, hunting and Trap. Metal is nice, wood has a few very light marks and one ding that's through the finish (see pic). Bores are bright and shiny. Tight lock-up. Screw in choke tubes included are factory full and improved cylinder. I've tried to picture everything. Please ask if you need additional info or pics. $1000 shipped to your FFL. Posts here trump PM's.

DSCN24421_zps530441b8.jpg

DSCN24431_zps1442c665.jpg

DSCN24461_zps1f9b6838.jpg

DSCN24471_zps8fa1a025.jpg

DSCN24501_zps11a120d9.jpg

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did not establish a "line". My initial post stated that "posts here trump PM's" meaning an "I'll take it" posted here trumps any offers ect... via PM. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
tigman46: You could have said "I'll take it" in your first post. You didn't. You had 11 minutes after that to post to say "I'll take it". You didn't. You snooze, you lose.

·
Registered
66 Posts
There was no bs elimination.
The seller actually stated these posts trump any PMs, and reyper said I will take it first.
No bs.
Questions do not grant the buyer any rights of refusal.

·
Registered
9,982 Posts
So after you say I'll take it and during the purchase dealings you find its a white elephant with a major issue you are still on the hook??? Lots of non regulars here have tried selling stuff with minor to major "issues"

·
Registered
13,611 Posts
It's the seller item, he sets the terms of sale, period.

When there's something on here I really want bad, I'll post a message on the thread, send a PM, then search through the sellers past messages if necessary and see if I can dig up an email address and/or phone number, that way all the bases are covered.

And, at least for the items I sell, the first "I'll take it" (regardless of format) trumps ANY questions or requests for more information.

·
Registered
13,611 Posts
"So after you say I'll take it and during the purchase dealings you find its a white elephant with a major issue you are still on the hook??? Lots of non regulars here have tried selling stuff with minor to major "issues""

Any issues or problems not disclosed void the transaction, and release the buyer of any liability.

·
Banned
203 Posts
1. This >>> "When there's something on here I really want bad, I'll post a message on the thread, send a PM, then search through the sellers past messages if necessary and see if I can dig up an email address and/or phone number, that way all the bases are covered."

2. And this >>> "It's the seller item, he sets the terms of sale, period."

3. I agree with the gun shop scenario but don't feel its an accurate analogy. The internet is different because as a seller you can have multiple tire-kickers asking you questions, some with no intention of buying. Add to that the lag between emails and responses and a seller needs to create an excel spreadsheet to manage his inquiries and negotiations. It's pretty common practice that the first "I'll take it" gets the item.

4. All that said it's a little unusual to see forum posts take precedence over email/pm communication. As a seller I prefer to receive emails so I can answer questions, provide photos, discuss price & payment, etc. privately and in a more convenient format.

Just my two cents, the gun was a good deal but another one will come along...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tigman46; I am not a gun store nor dealer. Just wanted to sell a gun. Put up a pretty detailed description and pictures. Did not offer a F2F deal. Did not ask for trades. Did not ask for offers. While I was receptive to answering additional questions and courteous to those who responded my intent was to sell the gun for $1000 shipped. Reyper was satisfied with the description and price. He posted an "I'll Take it" without conditions. His post "Trumped" all the trades, offers etc... because he was satisfied with what was advertised.

I am surprised that you don't grasp this after "5 years" of buying things on internet classified forums. Became clear to me much earlier on. Based on your deleted post you feel I should have established a "line" of prospective buyers and dealt with all their offers and caveats one by one until reaching a deal. Not my intent. This is the reason for "POSTS HERE TRUMP PM's". Not sure how that statement in my add could have been interpreted as development of a "LINE" (I'm referring here again to your deleted post).

You have deleted and edited your posts here attempting to bolster an argument that has no merit, "dead horse" indeed. If you would have stated in a post on this thread that you wanted it you would have been the buyer. Instead, you wanted to know where I'm located, and if I travel to Maryland. No commitment to buy under my posted terms. Should I not honor another's posted commitment because you think you are entitled negotiation? Yes, you did provide a phone number. So what? Should I post "hold on while I talk to tigman46" forsaking all others who might agree to the ads terms? Furthermore, as the seller I preferred and listed "shipped". No mention of F2F in my ad. You think because you alluded to meeting in a PM that sealed a deal? Andrews AFB Maryland and Wheeling WV, F2F.....really?

I was going to let this go until your last edit. Really gnaws on me how you keep twisting and turning trying rationalize how you were wronged. The gun was a good deal. I priced it to sell. Set the terms. You missed out. From what I've gathered on this thread, Lucky me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts