Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ljutic experts. Is there any way to speed up the lock time on a Ljutic. Is it as simple as getting a stronger spring??

Tomas

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Not to sound like Neil W. here...but how would you know, accurately, whether you made a difference?

To put a more finely-sharpened point on the question - how have you measured it in the first place? Not how you've heard of other people doing it, but how have you done it, _yourself_?

Seriously. (If your response contains the words, "sound," "feel," or "perception," I just don't see how there's even enough data there for an intelligent discussion).

·
Registered
691 Posts
A properly tuned, lubed and clean Ljutic has a very fast lock time, and an excellent trigger. My Blaser is a bit faster and a bit more crisp, but not much! If you haven't done so in a while, replace the pins, springs ( I prefer the standard springs rather than the stiffer carbon silicon hammer spring) install the new spring-loaded firing pin (very good modification), and definitely clean the cocking rod and its chamber...I use a modest application of a very thin, clean lube like Gunzilla on it. After that, it should be up to the most demanding standards. Also, remember to lube the hammer/trigger sear on a regular basis...I use a silicone type black gun grease that I got from Brownells. Really good trigger!

WNCRob

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the information. I've never cleaned the cocking rod and chamber. Guess I'll have to look at that today. I do replace the pins and spring yearly. I'll have to call Jimmy about the spring-loaded firing pin.

Again, thanks,

Tomas

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.