Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Spearfish Rifle & Trap Club will host two ATA shoots again this year, June 12th and July 24th. Participants may shoot 100 singles, 100 handicap, and 50 pairs of doubles. Venue is easily accessible from Interstate 90 in Western South Dakota. Club has five PAT Traps with Canterbury wireless voice releases. Come and join us at one of the finest small clubs in South Dakota.
Sky Plant Shade Grass Wood

· Registered
2,986 Posts
The only thing that doesn’t show in the pictures is the ruts in the dirt from you having to drag me back to the Communist State of NJ. What a beautiful place.

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice picture, I like to shoot when you have a dark sky in front of traps and light behind you,makes the target really stand out.
We would love to have your join us. There are shooters from Edgemont and Hot Springs that come here to shoot the ATA shoots. It is a great club and if the wind isn't blowing you will shoot good in Spearfish. This morning it was -17 degrees, just a bit cool for shooting although we have shot in Nov, Dec, Jan, and Feb during the 'off season"

· Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well we will see how I do. I have a Winchester SXP I got in a trade which got me thinking I should try shooting again.
I picked up an SXP last year, figured one of the HS team kids might want a real trap gun instead of a field gun. COVID killed shooting for them last year. Still have it and have shot a few rounds with it, it works fine although doesn't feel or look as good as my KX-6 Special.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.