Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've used several bags of Spartans shot. Seemed to work fine for me, but I am not a ATA shooter, just shoot to have a good time. Dave K

·
Premium Member
4,385 Posts
I bought 10 bags of it at the Mo Fall Hdcp . It`s not shiny black just black . It does seem to be round and uniform in size . I`m happy except for the cheep azzed bags .

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just wondering if it would bridge off in the reloader I have had some trouble with reclaimed doing this

·
Thorn in your side
8,113 Posts
I bought 5 bags at the Mo Fall Handicap also. I haven't loaded any yet, but it looks good. I imagine it will break the bird if you hit it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I talked to some shooters at our shoot today who said it worked fine so guess I'll try it thanks guys

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Never heard of it ? Is it reclaimed ? How much does it sell for ?
It is new shot and if I remember correctly it is the shot that they put in RIO shells. As for a price, I think it was 32.95 or something like that, with tax it was about 35 a bag from Mike Graf (Grafs Reloading out of St Charles MO not Graf and Sons out of Mexico MO). It says made in the EU on the bag. The bags themselves are kind of flimsy and worthless.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is new shot and if I remember correctly it is the shot that they put in RIO shells. As for a price, I think it was 32.95 or something like that, with tax it was about 35 a bag from Mike Graf (Grafs Reloading out of St Charles MO not Graf and Sons out of Mexico MO). It says made in the EU on the bag. The bags themselves are kind of flimsy and worthless.
Yes I saw it at mikes and thought that about the bags too

·
Registered
11,395 Posts
I wonder how it would do in Neil's hardness tester???

If I had to guess, it's probably pretty soft. Fine for singles and doubles.

·
Registered
796 Posts
frostyman,
Thanks for the info.

timb99,
What are you basing your guess on, that it is soft ? Have you used it before. Like I said I had never heard of it until read this thread.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
The bag says Spartan High Antimony Magnum Shot imported and distributed by Spartan Amunition LLC Round Rock Texas Phone (512) 218-0912. Made in the EU.

·
Premium Member
7,000 Posts
I wonder how it would do in Neil's hardness tester???

If I had to guess, it's probably pretty soft. Fine for singles and doubles.
It's very soft. Will have exact numbers after the Hardness test coming up.
That does NOT mean that it's NO good! It's not Magnum Shot by US standards.
Still waiting on quite a few samples that some of you said were on the way.
Thank you to all that have provided samples so far.
MG

·
Registered
135 Posts
I purchased 2 bags 3 or 4 years ago at the Ohio State shoot and it did will, as long as I did my part.

I’d buy it again if the price was right.

Ken

·
Registered
796 Posts
That does NOT mean that it's NO good! It's not Magnum Shot by US standards
mg1polo,
Have you done any test on the RIO shot. Rio shot is real popular in my area. Have used it and seems to work. Just be nice to know how it stacks up against other brands.
Thanks

1 - 20 of 33 Posts