Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used this shot its showing up all over and at a somewhat lower price.

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
I just bought 10 bags.

When I got it home I took some of it and some Lawrence brand and put it on the bench side by side and couldn't tell the difference between the two.

Don't know about the hardness. But why worry about something that will still break targets regardless.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That sounds good. i had heard that they ran small but is good news if looks the same, i not that worried about hardness of the shot.

·
2,755 Posts
I did like the poster above. Poured out some Lawrence and Spartan #8 shot on a paper plate, couldn't tell the difference. I rolled the two together and could not tell one from the other.

Haven't shot any yet, and haven't opened any 7 1/2s to check them. But the 8s looked fine.

Hoping Neil or another poster will perform their crush test and see how hard it is-it says Magnum, but who knows?

Bob

·
Registered
42 Posts
@ Slayer: Keep Dreamin'.
What's Michigan State's record this year? What was it last year?
Yeah. That's what I thought>:D

Sorry. It was a shameless joke at your expense.
It was just too good to pass up the opportunity.
(I'm not a fan of OSU or any college athletic program because I think it detracts from education. Furthermore, the fist fight against U of M last week exemplifies the failure of a university education to produce responsible adults)

Now. Where is this shot and how much is it????????

·
Registered
923 Posts
You could get a clue of hardness by weighing equal volumns of Lawrence magnum and Spartan in the same size shot and comparing. My guess is the lawrence will be lighter indicating more antimony. Ron

·
Banned
8,492 Posts
I didn't see any price difference at Wheatfield. And the people on here that tested some surly paid for it. Where's the price. Bill

·
Banned
694 Posts
Hello! Is this a test. Where is this shot located at. I love it when people make comments on here about maybe a shoot that is going to take place but No location, other than the gun club name and we are suppose to know what part of the country its located in. Same as this shot location. WHERE? Thank You. Now back to reading Doc Longshots comments. LOL

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Price we are paying is $40.00 per bag in North Dakota, not exactly cheap so would like to know how it stands to the name brands? I hope Neal does a crush test but i am going to weigh some this weekend since it will very cold and this will keep me in the house!
PW

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK this is what i came up with this weekend.
West coast shot 40 pellets weight 43.5,42.4gr's
Spartan shot 40 pellets weight 39.0gr's 37 gr's
Then i filled a very small container of west coast for a weight of 310gr's and 300gr's
Spartan with same container was 329gr's and 314.5gr's.
ok now i miked pellets west coast 0.089,0.091,0.089,0.095,0.0935,0.090.
for an average of 0.0913. (0.09 is 8 shot).
Spartan was 0.086,0.089,0.0865,0.0855,0.087,0.086,0.0875,0.088,0.088,0.088,0.087 for an average of 0.0871.
i did not due crush test but feel that spartan shot is softer and the run small where as the west coat shot ran on the big side. to me the spartan shot is 8 1/4 shot?

·
Registered
923 Posts
Your numbers are very close to what I have for Starshot magnum out of Argentina. We haven't had any problems with it to the best of my knowledge. Does the Spartan have a plastic bag inside like the Starshot? Ron

·
Registered
923 Posts
Round Rock is just North of Austin. I am surprised we don't have it being pushed here in San Antonio. Anyone interested should be able to call them. Thanks for the picture of the bag. Ron

Added: A reason we don't see it could be our most popular source of reloading supplies is Vernon & Jennifer Winkelmann's Bexar County Shooting. They usually have Lawrence at a competitive price. They are next to Ruck out at National as well as at their ranges East of town. All good folks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts