Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I think the hall of fame should be located where ever the grand is going to be because if people are like me then I wouldn't drive all the way to vandialia to just visit the hall of fame musuem but when I go to the grand then it's an extra bonus to have something else to kill some time and also some of the non shooters enjoy's it that happens to be along for the ride.

I wonder how many visitors the musuem gets a year now in vandialia and is it worth the yearlys up keep of it compared to the amount of traffic it has now compared to what it used to have.

Foghorn220

·
Registered
576 Posts
I tend to agree that the Hall of Fame should be located where the Grand is held. It is a great added attraction for those that choose to shoot at the Grand.

It doesn't seem to matter much where the ATA office is located due to the information age we live in. As someone stated, we talk to someone in India for commputer help.

My 03 cents,

ed.

·
Registered
11,041 Posts
This seems to go on adnauseiam! First off ILL. was NOT my first choice to move thre Grand . That being said it would have taken MILLIONS(that apperantly the ATA did not have)to build an ATA OWNED home grounds. As far as FREE land in Ohio, and free money to build it, I have heard much about it, but NO ONE can produce the NAMES or show me the proposal of where this took place.As they say in Mo., SHOW ME! I will be the first to admit that the ATA fumbled the ball YEARS AGO on the move. Anybody with enough sense to tie their shoe laces cold have seen this coming! I said when I first saw the place years ago, that it would only be a matter of time before we got kicked out of there! After all the airport owned almost all of the land it was built on.The powers that be kept their heads in the sand(or perhaps somewhere else) while the clock ticked against them! All that being said just what else(under the present circumstances) would you have them do? There are NO millions of dollars in the coffers of the ATA(I don't care wheter or not you think there should be) the fact remains it AIN'T THERE. At least we still HAVE a Grand to go to!. Some day the ATA may find a way to mamange it'd finances better, some day some of the Ohio shooters may get their panties out of a wad about it leaving their state, and someday a lot of things may take place, but right now I'm just glad the Grand and it,s tradition can EXIST. Good grief get over it already!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
OK the ATA is tied up for 10 years at the Sparta location. The ATA decides to move the offices there and build (we all know how they fell about building) a new hall of fame and offices.

Then IL government decides that they can't live with semi-auto guns and anything fifty cal or bigger. Now what???

Rock

Jim

·
Registered
576 Posts
And what happens to the Cardinal Center down the road when the owner passes as we all must?
Will the heirs continue to make the property available to the Ohio Trapshooters Association, or will they sell off the property and take their profits. Will the ATA or the Ohio Association have the funds to buy it?

It is a good deal now, but what guarantee is there that it will continue?
No one has seen to address this issue on this site.

I do look forward to attending a shoot there in the future, but it is a long ride for me.

my .03 cents

ed.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
skeet2day

I use worse than that. I use a 75 cal to shoot trap 16 yds. & longer.
The bill in the house now makes no exceptions for shotguns. And a lot of skeeties use semi-autos also.

Rock

Jim

61 - 66 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.