Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7,211 Posts
I have no idea if Walmart Canada sells trap loads....but I was in Wholesale Sports (our lame asss excuse for a big box outdoor/gun/camping/fishing store) yesterday and saw that they have AA's at C$13+/box.....and I haven't bought any this year....and may never again at those prices. No Estates, or Rio's for sale here either.

·
Registered
535 Posts
It seems like when I was in the Sparta Walmart in 2014 you had to be an Illinois resident to purchase ammo. Is that correct? What are the Illinois rules regarding off buying ammo off the event site?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Next time I swing by, I'll check with the sporting goods manager and get an answer for the travelers. I thought as long as you had an ATA card and a driver license, it was proof you were in town as a competitor.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I just spoke with Cory at Walmart in Sparta. Here is the information he provided. I would confirm with them if you have questions.

For IL residents you will need a FOID card

If you are from these 5 states you can purchase with a valid drivers license
Iowa, Missouri, Kentucky, Indiana, and Wisconsin

For all others you will need to purchase a Non Resident Hunting license or have an active FFL.
5 day non resident hunting license is $35.75
1 year non resident hunting license is $57.75

Hope that helps but again, confirm with them as needed so there is no confusion.

Bud

·
Sleep...What’s That?
419 Posts
That's some screwy rules!

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Everyone else can buy at the shell house on the grounds.

Prior to last year (or maybe the year before) you could buy shells at Wal-Mart even if you were not from a neighboring state. The state law always said you could buy shells at the event. They just changed what the definition of the event was. Now it is the actual event (on the grounds) instead of the event at Sparta which included Wal-Mart. Even so, the shell house on the grounds will have almost the exact same price. They normally are 1 or 2 dollars a flat higher. Not worth driving to town for and definitely not worth buying an out of state hunting license for unless you are buying 50 flats or something.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
As Frostyman stated, the shell house has plenty of shells. It is great to support the vendors on site. I know this was discussed and debated on this forum last year as well so plan accordingly.

Bud

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Everyone else can buy at the shell house on the grounds.

Prior to last year (or maybe the year before) you could buy shells at Wal-Mart even if you were not from a neighboring state. The state law always said you could buy shells at the event. They just changed what the definition of the event was. Now it is the actual event (on the grounds) instead of the event at Sparta which included Wal-Mart. Even so, the shell house on the grounds will have almost the exact same price. They normally are 1 or 2 dollars a flat higher. Not worth driving to town for and definitely not worth buying an out of state hunting license for unless you are buying 50 flats or something.
Just for the record, if you buy multiple flats from the shell house and would like/need assistance, they will send a young lad with your purchase on a dolly to your transportation. They will also load into your transportation if necessary.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
What is there sells tax?
Crazy high. I admit I usually don't pay that much attention to what the sales tax actually is. I recently made a tool purchase here in IL. The sales tax was clearly marked out at 8.5%. F'n thieves they are.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts