Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparta Lease Renewal Survey

9K views 110 replies 61 participants last post by  dverna 
#1 ·
Why? NO. They need to get the extension signed to make the new lease 15 years as soon as possible.

#6 ·
Leave the Grand where it belongs at the WSRC in Sparta and the CC for that other shoot after the GRAND. Maybe most should decide after they visit the largest trap shooting facility in the world in Sparta, IL.---Matt

#7 ·
Good Lord does this crap ever end. Give it up already (Ohio) you have lost the Grand & I doubt it is ever coming back. If you truly care about trap shooting it is time to step up & support the Sparta facility just like everybody did when it was in Vandalia. By all means, also support the Cardinal Center & your local clubs also but most of all ------enjoy the sport no matter where you are. (while we still have it!!!) Colonel

#8 ·
It would seem to make sense to hold off on a renewal and allow bidding as was done before. Since we now have 3 venues that could possibly bid (WSRC, Cardinal Center & Las Vegas)we would be in a position for better terms. If there are no bids, Sparta would get the Grand by default again.

#11 ·
If the same, or better terms were offered.... YES

Those who think it's just an Ohio thing are missing the point that many shooters quit attending due to the heat. You should read more threads. As the economy "progresses" the number of Grand participants will skew even more towards the retired. Shoot where it's hotter - Good Idea!

While you're at it, what exactly are the costs vs. income for the "Grand". Are all of us not attending paying for the party, or is it self sustaining. ie. Would you still shoot the Grand if the prices were, say, doubled? (At least until the debt is paid down)
Are these numbers available, or is this part of what's being concealed?

JT

#13 ·
I'm very happy with the WSRC at Sparta and I think that the ATA owes a lot to the people of Illinois for putting their trust in us. As the director of the complex explained to the BOD at the annual meeting, both the State of Illinois and investors such as prospective hotel builders need an assured - and extended - agreement in order to justify added support.

An example of what we might get is a golf-cart bridge over Cardinal Road, which would certainly keep my own heart-rate down as I try to cross that thoroughfare in a machine that often seems to slow, not accelerate, as I hit the gas.

It's the best trapshooting facility in the world. Why would I want to move?

Neil

#22 ·
Don't kid yourself the decision was made a long time ago. The people in charge have been given the OK and it is a done deal. The EC make the decisions and this one is signed sealed and delivered.

Now on to important stuff 7&1/2's or 8's?

For the ignorant you can drive to your bank at Cardinal Center also. That takes that excuse away. Next!

You could get 100% ATA membership disapproval nothing will change. They did not listen before and are not about to now. Stop beating a dead horse. You can express your thoughts but nothing has or will change.

So be content not shooting the Grand or go. It just doesn't matter to most of us homeys anymore.

It is just not that important anymore other interests start to replace trap. Sporting Clays and even "skeet" ( I know no bad language sorry).

The Grand was fun to shoot, close and I donated to the Leo's and Harland's with out any regrets. I am not willing to increase my layout by 1000% to do it now.

Enjoy it if you can let it go if you can't. It is the way things are as screwed up as they are that's the way they are.

It's gone forget about it, Let it goooooooo! Enjoy Sporting Clays.

Rock

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.