Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 48 of 48 Posts
Frank C:

Now since Vandilia had so many shade trees they must have not had enough room to put very many of the little blue houses for the cool people in the air conditioned cars to use when the need arises.

So I think Sparta is more user friendly as far as plenty of room to expand and also plenty of places to take a whiz.
Foghorn

Mr. Frank C. I shot the entire 2006 Grand in Sparta. The first 2 days were hot and humid, very uncomfortable. But the rest of the Grand was fine. I talked to locals, and they said the first 2 days were unusually hot. Balance was normal weather for Sparta that time of the year. I know they were just pulling my leg, but I enjoyed their company. Can't wait to go back this years and stand in the sun for hours and hours waiting my turn to shoot. I might add I did not complain about Vandalia. Always enjoy a place to shoot. My comments were simply Vandalia was on old outdated facility and Sparta is new and a great place to shoot. - Jim

P. S. Since the food is so poor it might be to my advantage. I need to loose a few pounds.

Yup pretty picturesque out there....
Hey I complained about the heat in Vandalia too. I never said I wouldn't ever go back, if I didn't what would I have to complain about??

Carl Aos (RIP) always enjoyed the PITA Grand Pacific when it was held in Reno in July. Carl said he could "render down". Looks like a chance for the more "stocky" among us to lose a few pounds while enjoying the Sparta weather.

If NutriSystems held a weight loss contest at the Grand they would have a great advertising source.

Frank ... the rule book does not allow #4 shot to be used so why would you suggest that?

What a bloody distracting view to be shoot trap against ... I would hate to be on any range like that, what a bunch of wasted shooting with that as a distraction in the background.

Just a note about Sparta this March a young lad was killed by lighting at a track meet in carbondale,which is just down the road apiece.I was told the storm had passed and an all clear was given and this kid walked out on the track was struck and killed. The people in power at sparta are discussing their policy about storms and there maybe some changes. I wasn't told all the particulars just to beaware there might be.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.