Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Rome wasn't built in a day people, nor was the old Grand facility in Vandalia. Give it some time they have only hosted one Grand. How many years did Ohio have to get it right? Or did they get it right? Obviously not..hehehe..

Matt

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Sparta is what it is and will be what it will be and when the state sees that it actually aint making the money they thought it would ... Sparta will be gone ... until then it will be like the pony ride guy at the county fair ... "Either shut up and ride the pony or shut up and leave, its your choice!"

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Sparta is what it is and will be what it will be and when the state sees that it actually aint making the money they thought it would ... Sparta will be gone ... until then it will be like the pony ride guy at the county fair ... "Either shut up and ride the pony or shut up and leave, its your choice!"

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
Another dumb remark from non-ATA lumper.

frank; Sure let's plant some 30' shade trees. If you were there then you would know not all the venders were on east side. Restaurants bad - you need to get out more.

Don

·
Registered
7,388 Posts
Another dumb remark from non-ATA lumper.

frank; Sure let's plant some 30' shade trees. If you were there then you would know not all the venders were on east side. Restaurants bad - you need to get out more.

Don

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
newcomer

Ohio was not in the trap business! It was started by trap shooters for trap shooters in Vandalia. The state was not in the picture. I like that also.

Now all IL has to do is fill it with IL shooters like Ohio did Vandalia and instant success. But don't think that is going to happen (my opinion) as there are not that many shooters in the 20 mile or so area around Sparta. A little more than 700 shooters from IL come on now.

Instead of giving Ohio shooters hell for not making a long ride. How about them IL shooters that stayed away in droves? Why not hold the IL state shoot there?? I bet the IL state shoot had more IL shooters than went to the Grand.

bigdon: let me know when I rip the ATA OK? The ATA did it's part and it met with a resounding 25 squads in it's last venture. And lost enough on the first one to cancel it. I do not blame the ATA so who does that leave???

And the Ohio state shoot home grounds has always been owned by someone else the ATA.

slugger: Nope not one dime was put up by Ohio government. Not boo hooing Just the facts. Let me know when they are wrong.

OK are they going to put in state machines in the skeet houses this year?? And why or why not? $$$$$$$$$$$$ they don't have. That is all I said to the question asked.

Rock

Jim

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
newcomer

Ohio was not in the trap business! It was started by trap shooters for trap shooters in Vandalia. The state was not in the picture. I like that also.

Now all IL has to do is fill it with IL shooters like Ohio did Vandalia and instant success. But don't think that is going to happen (my opinion) as there are not that many shooters in the 20 mile or so area around Sparta. A little more than 700 shooters from IL come on now.

Instead of giving Ohio shooters hell for not making a long ride. How about them IL shooters that stayed away in droves? Why not hold the IL state shoot there?? I bet the IL state shoot had more IL shooters than went to the Grand.

bigdon: let me know when I rip the ATA OK? The ATA did it's part and it met with a resounding 25 squads in it's last venture. And lost enough on the first one to cancel it. I do not blame the ATA so who does that leave???

And the Ohio state shoot home grounds has always been owned by someone else the ATA.

slugger: Nope not one dime was put up by Ohio government. Not boo hooing Just the facts. Let me know when they are wrong.

OK are they going to put in state machines in the skeet houses this year?? And why or why not? $$$$$$$$$$$$ they don't have. That is all I said to the question asked.

Rock

Jim

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Don ... do you actually have a problem with me or are you always an curmudgeonistic a-hole against everyone? I really wish you would speak your mind instead of holding in those bad feelings you have against people ... seriously what is your problem?

Does a person have to be an ATA member to post on TS.com? Does a person have to be an ATA member to post about Sparta? Does a person have to be an ATA member to have an opinion or say something about the ATA? Seriously Don ... is there some special list of criteria that must be met for you to approve of before you attack people? Come on Don ... just what is your freakin problem? Is that Big part of your name to compensate for the little excistence you have in life that makes you want to attack upon people? Come on Don what is your freakin problems?

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Don ... please forgive me, I am not usually like that. I know I could just delete it but that would be rude of me. Please accept my apologies for being so gruff with you. Its just not nice of people to be gruff and mean, please accept my apology.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
What do I Google to find how many minutes of air conditioning I get to a gallon in various cars? This is going to be a new unanticipated cost factor of attending the Grand. Will there be road-tax free gas available on the grounds?

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
"BIG"DON, oh you must know all about restaurants.....But the steak sandwich which I got at Buffalo Bob's down by the plastic buffalo was better than any meal in any of the surrounding restaurants. No need for 30' shade trees, just maybe some awnings.
The hot dog shop at Walmart should not really considered a "restaurant" Don.
Hey, ain't this fun??

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
First put the photo you want to use from your computer on to a website. I use www.photobucket.com. sign up it is free. Then get your picture and put it in your photobucket folder. Your picture is now on the web for everyone to see if you don't keep it private. Below the picture is a url# click on it and it will say copied (it has copied the address of your picture. Now go back to this thread and paste it in the box marked image URL above where you make your text.

Rock

Jim

·
Registered
791 Posts
Dear Frank C. - I shot Vandalia for several years. Usually on the West end. I believe those traps were there for years prior to my attendance. I did not see any tree and/or covered areas for shooters.

I might make a suggestion to you. Go to Sparta in plant some trees. Be sure to purchase minimum ot 15 gal sizes. Should only costs you a minimal price and then you can either stay there and water them, or you could hire some local to do it for you.

I ate a several restuarants in the Sparta area. I did not have a problem with the food and/or service. I also ate at the complex and again found nothing to complain about. Give us all a break if you find the accomodations at Sparta to your dislike then stay home. We certainly do not need complainers like you to associate with. But then I guess we will not have to worry about that, because we all will be in our air conditioned cars and not have this misfortune of crossing paths. Sorry I am just an old grump that simply believes Sparta will be a success given time. - Jim

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Mr. Charles, Aloha! Thanks for the tips. We did go to town for our dinners and it was very good, My partner got invited to play golf at the resturant owners private club, he enjoyed that nine hole course, went a couple more times.
The chinese resturant food was superb, just like home cooking! The main building resturant food was very good, we ate to our hearts content with the all you can eat fish filet, they ran out of fish.

If everyone post the web when they visit Sparta, we all can picture the changes, its a great place for the Grand. Aloha, pineapple

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Dear Jim Elliott, if you really were ever in Vandalia then you would have remembered all the yellow tents set up ALL along the route, shall I post pics to jog your grumpy old memory??? Per my earlier post, I mentioned that the Sparta PC police will not allow ANY criticism on this site
""So much for having any sort of negative position whatsoever.....you get IMUS'ed on this site, first thing they say is, you weren't even there....blah blah blah, or they attack Dayton??? ""
This thread was NEVER about Vandalia, until you made it. It was simply a statement of facts the way I saw it when I was there. this is simple FACT, I could not wait to back to Vandalia and looked forward to it each year. I do not look forward to spending a week in Sparta......call me all the names you want, complainer, nay sayer etc. but a FACT is a FACT Jim. By the way, are your from Ill. Maybe own a business in Sparta or nearby?

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Good eating Steaks at Buffalo Bob's!

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Vanda.....er the place before Sparta

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Frank C -

I hate to pick a nit here, but those tents you talk about at Vandalia . . . is one of those tents in the picture you posted above? The only tents I remember on the west end were the tents that all of the trap help hung out in when it wasn't their turn on the chair or in the house.

Scott

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was recently in Sparta for a SCTP coaches class and talked with Chris who is the manager. He said that they just spent $200,000 on traps alone for the skeet houses which are only going up on the practice fields for now. [27 total] if I understood him correctly and that they really didn't have anymore money to spend on the trap fields below.So bring some shade and water.
I will also mention that that 50 million dollars we were supposed to have spent on the complex If you do some checking you maybe surprised to see Pitman-Robertson act money instead of state money.I like Sparta and hope it's here to stay but governer Daily[not a typo]swings a wide loop and is a good puppet master and he is trying to outlaw us all.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.