Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I have heard thru the rumor mill the grand was leaving Illinois is there any truth to that,and will the museum stay at Sparta.Thank You.

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
See, it's really just a trailer. Those are just pull outs. it can be ready to move in 8 hours...

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope that the HOF will be open for the 2016 Grand American.One of my favorite at the old HOF was Punkin Flock,What a great lady shooter.With it being on the ground floor it will be more accessable,no stairs is a good thing.It is always nice to look at trapshooting history and all of the past people that have shot the sport and did't have all the special equiptment that we now have.
I wouldn't want to shoot some of the old guns.I am a little bit of a recoil sissy.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Plans at this time are to have a ribbon cutting ceremony at the HOF museum at the 2016 Grand American, in Sparta, IL. HOF Trustees are working with builders to finish some small projects before the display cabinets arrive next month. Items that have been in secure storage will come after that so displays can be created.

·
Banned
890 Posts
Looks nice but they need to finish the roof over the sidewalk.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Thank you Karla. I enjoyed meeting you there and getting the tour of the building, timing is everything. Some step up from what we had in Vandalia and will look very nice when filled. The trustees have done a fine job getting this far in a year and thank YOU for all you have done for our sport.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
that is a "style" of roof, called a pergola, it is supposed to be open, it will make shade but not shelter from rain. The mechanical things outside will be addressed so they will be behind landscaping. I have an article upcoming in TrapshootingUSA that will give more details.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I guess this is the modern look. I just thought it will have potential rotting from the exposed wood over time. Treated or not, weather takes it's toll.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I really hope they have the Hall of Fame open during the time period that the SCTP holds their National Championship on the grounds. What a great thing for the kids to see and to learn about the greats of our sport. We had a great turn out for the Kids, in fact more kids shot the 16 yard SCTP National Championship event than shot the ATA Clay Target Championship event. Plus due to a new partnership, all the kids were ATA members. I sure hope the HOF is open, I want my team to see it and learn a little bit of history.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
They still need a big plastic rock to cover the AC unit in front of the building. It looks sorely out of place and detracts from the nice "double-wide" decor.

Preserving our history is important. I only hope they do a better job on the artifacts and displays inside.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Everyone gets to have their own opinion of the "décor" but if you had read the my post earlier, you would have known that there are plans to cover the AC unit.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
I really think some people complain just so they can hear themselves talk. Oh well, the world is full of some "different" types of people.

I was at my first Grand this year and I like the look of the building they chose to build for the HOF.

Reactions: KS-OKIE

·
2,768 Posts
I'm not big on the history of the game, but I plan to go see the new HOF building when my wife and I go to the Grand next year. I'll probably drag grntitan along, too.

Bob

1 - 20 of 35 Posts