Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shooters,

The squad and I headed up to Spanish Fork Gun Club in Spanish Fork UT for the recent Western Zone Shoot. We travelled up from Souther California about a 9 hour drive for us.

We had such a great time I thought I would drop a post here to share our experience.

Spanish Fork has been on our list for some time now. We have always heard great things. Kirsten (hope I am spelling this close to right) the club manager was awesome to work with. She helped me get our RV spots booked and answered all of my questions over many many calls. She was always happy to do so and made us feel welcome once we got there.

We reserved 3 RV spots for the squad that we had delivered by local owners using Outdoorsy.com. She put us in some beautiful locations right behind the trap fields. During the day we could easily see when our squad was on deck by from their constantly updated board. We could watch others shoot and relax between events. At night the view behind the trap field is stunning. It is hard to find a more beautiful view from a trap club.

The support staff at the club were the next shining star of our trip. They were always friendly and taking care of the shooters and grounds. They were constantly emptying the trash cans they place by every RV and field. Sounds like a small thing but important for a larger multi day event.

The target setting team did it right. They were using the height posts and guns to ensure each trap was set correctly. The background here was definitely a new experience for us. It is different to shoot into the clear blue sky. A large change from some of our clubs here with the large lead catching gray tarps we shoot into. We really appreciated their attention to a correctly set target.

They had a number of buckles for event winners at the club. The design was very cool. One of our squad mates was able to take a couple home for his great doubles shooting.

We want to say Thank You to everyone at the club. It was well worth the drive for sure. We will be back!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
I couldn’t shoot there, no trees to say I lost sight of the target, LOL.
Looks like a beautiful club and setting to shoot in.
Would like to shoot there some day myself.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is different for sure. I am used to a closer background. You can still pick a hold and look point it just happens to be in a the valley below. Worth the trip. That club and the shooters there are posting up some great scores.

There was a 100 straight from the 27 during the event by local Grayson Stuart (sub Junior).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts