Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting the third spam call of the morning, I am getting fed up. The "Do Not Call Registry" is useless!

I am contemplating a slightly different approach. When they call I just might have a recorded message to play AFTER I manually pick up the phone so they do not hang up like they normally do. This recorded message will say something like:

"I am sorry I am not available to take your call at this number at this time. Please contact the following phone number to leave the message you wish to deliver to me." Then it would have a phone number for them to call to, hopefully in their mind, contact me. The number would be the local FBI office. I would love to see what the SOB's,that is wasting my time, face would look like when he/she hears who is on the other end.

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Why not have some fun with them?

If it is a Remodeling Contractor ... "Aww Jeese! You should have called last week! I just signed with a contractor to remodel all the back end of my house!"

"Allow?" ... "Momento, I geet heem for joo!" ... After a few minutes "Allow?" followed by pure jibbersh. No matter what he says, more jibberish.

If I am in the bathroom, not having much else to do, I act real interested and ask lots of questions until they try to close a sale, then I say "Nahh! Not intrested!"

Otherwise I let the phone ring ... if it is only 3 rings ... it is a solicitor because friends will leave a message.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Play a Hitler speech into the phone.

·
Molon Labe
11,990 Posts
I do what Ahab is doing, I know, they are just doing their job, but I don't want to buy their stuff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts