Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I have a space heater, that has been working fine, until last weekend. I plug it in and it won't come of I have checked the circuit breaker, it's fine. The outlets that I used when I plugged a lamp or toaster into worked fine but the heater won't come on. I took it over to my parents today and it works just fine there. I have reset the part that plugs into the wall. Does anybody have any thoughts?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Sounds like a short somewhere. If a toaster/lamp worked at your place.....then you took it somewhere else and it worked fine.....gotta be a short in the line/ or faulty plu end. what do you mean by "reset the part that plugs into the wall "? An outlet is either HOT/or NOT....if a toaster works ....the outlet is fine. The breaker would "Break" if it was the outlet. I susspect the plug END.......sometimes they get "ached"....sometimes corroded. Did you try it in another outlet in your house?

·
Registered
723 Posts
This is puzzling Beretta. In "modern" house wiring....and I mean knob and tube/fuses/and MORE modern Breakers.....an outlet is either HOT or NOT....
If it is NOT it can ONLY mean the Fuse or Breaker POPPED....or one of the 2 wires (Hot or Common) has an OPEN (break in it). if an outlet will electrify a lamp....it will run the heater..or pop the fuse/breaker. I would suspect a FAULT cord or plug to your heater. The FACT that it worked at your parents could have been a fluke (perhaps twisted the line a bit). One other very SLIM chance is that your heater is "polarity" sensitive"....try flipping or revrersing the plug. Are you sure there is NO 'reset" button on the heater?

·
Registered
16,540 Posts
Neon testers cost about a buck and a quarter. Get one and use it whenever there is a question. Best money you ever spent.

HM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.