Trapshooters Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
This might be a stupid question but does it work on Unsingle trap barrels? Or has anyone used it on an unsingle
Hi, This is a new method and I appreciate we need to get the message across better so please keep the questions coming.
Check the Media - Gallery out on the website Perazzi Krieghoff Browning Winchester Shoot SP Gallery eye dominance
Scroll down and there are images of single barrel guns and O/U guns with the high premount position. The key is the eye over the rib sees the SP profile in the hold and the off eye doesn't. To achieve this for premounted we have it higher around 2 or 3 o'clock and for gun out of the shoulder we advise placing it on the side. Remembering that the SP is mounted on the side that you shoulder the gun so the eye over the rib is in control as it needs to be.
I’m a right hand shooter left eye dominant and have shot with a dot in the past. Your results may differ, but I decided to give it a try for myself because I don’t think we’ve seen a single post here where someone reports trying a home trial set up and it not working. I clipped the slide through end off a medium size black zip tie, and using a small piece of extra strong 3M black mounting tape I mounted the black plastic nub from the zip tie in the 2:00 o’clock position as per the SP instructions. It makes a simple clean test installation. Mounting the gun with both eyes open and pointing it dead on the wall/ceiling corner in my garage, then closing my left eye to see if the point of aim shifts, I can report that after 2 days and multiple tests the point of aim has not shifted once and my right eye has been aligned over the rib every time. If that success carries through to a live shooting situation is still to be determined . . but this test is certainly encouraging.
Great way to test the SP method

·
Registered
29,050 Posts
Wow, I bet a lot of our paying vendors would love all this free advertising.

There small bumpers or feet sold at hardware stores, with adhesive backs about the same size as this device that come in black and clear amber. You put them a cabinet door or frame to stop the door from slamming. They can also be used as “feet“ to protect surfaces by putting them on things you set on a surface you don’t want scratched.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Wow, I bet a lot of our paying vendors would love all this free advertising.

There small bumpers or feet sold at hardware stores, with adhesive backs about the same size as this device that come in black and clear amber. You put them a cabinet door or frame to stop the door from slamming. They can also be used as “feet“ to protect surfaces by putting them on things you set on a surface you don’t want scratched.
But, Rick, will they work if not paraboloid shaped???
From the SP website: "The key is its shape which is a paraboloid (3D ellipse)"

·
Registered
29,050 Posts
But, Rick, will they work if not paraboloid shaped???
From the SP website: "The key is its shape which is a paraboloid (3D ellipse)"
Then make one out of balsa wood or a piece of plastic using a nail file and glue it on. Send me 25 dollars and I will make you one, ship it back same day, postage free, made in the USA.. Doesn’t this defeat the accepted old wisdom you should not focus on the front sight? The glow stick in the tube front sight is your best choice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Then make one out of balsa wood or a piece of plastic using a nail file and glue it on. Send me 25 dollars and I will make you one, ship it back same day, postage free, made in the USA.. Doesn’t this defeat the accepted old wisdom you should not focus on the front sight? The glow stick in the tube front sight is your best choice.
The SP does not encourage focusing on the front sight, it acts as a stimulant to the eye over the rib and is a completely different concept to previous products. The SP stimulates the eye and lets the focus stay on the clay ensuring the eye over the rib is creating the shot.
There is a video on the website explaining an option to create a home trial option that is free. The comericial marketing of similar products is protected by a US patent though if individuals want to copy it and make their own for personal use that is their choice, and why we have created the guide online.
The shape stops the eye coming to the gun as a changing picture will encourage the eye to the gun which you don't want.
As a UK small business, we have offered this to the US as a UK product but are taking steps to find a US manufacturer to produce it going forward.
Please contact me directly via the website or PM on here for any technical help.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Throughout history there have been many things invented by hard working individuals that have changed the lives of many of us. Not all of those hard working individuals receive the financial reward or recognition of their hard work for many reasons including their ideas being stolen. In the few times I have shot with the SP I can say it has drastically improved how I am seeing the targets. For anyone with eye dominance issues that wants to improve their shooting $50 seems like a small price to pay compared to all the other money spent on gear to be in this sport, especially if the $50 is going to the person who put in the time and money for research and development to make the sport I love that much better.

·
Registered
29,050 Posts
well, since my last post was deleted, I guess I am done on this thread. Still not convinced.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Throughout history there have been many things invented by hard working individuals that have changed the lives of many of us. Not all of those hard working individuals receive the financial reward or recognition of their hard work for many reasons including their ideas being stolen. In the few times I have shot with the SP I can say it has drastically improved how I am seeing the targets. For anyone with eye dominance issues that wants to improve their shooting $50 seems like a small price to pay compared to all the other money spent on gear to be in this sport, especially if the $50 is going to the person who put in the time and money for research and development to make the sport I love that much better.
Bassman13, I agree. If you don't believe in the system, don't buy it. I will try it. It stinks having eye dominance issues and $50 is a cheap try

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I feel the same way as Joe. I wasted money buying three Meadow Inustries sight blinders for some of my guns. The Meadow Industries sights did nothing. If $50 spend for the SP helps overcome the cross firing I've been experiencing it will certainly be worth it.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I bought one of the SP devices and installed it on my Browning CXT last night. I tried to mount it on my Krieghoff KS5 Special but with the high rib I was unable to see it when the gun was mounted. Because of that, I mounted it on my CXT.
I shot one round this afternoon with both eyes open and scored a 25. I have had trouble with my eyes cross firing for about 10 years. I hope that the device really works. I am trying to give it a fair chance. Based on today's results, it looks promising.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Got mine in the mail Saturday. Have not mounted it yet. Is on the rib up near the front the best place to start for a mostly soft mount or gun up shooter? Can it be moved if needed? I am just a little afraid to commit to a location.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought one of the SP devices and installed it on my Browning CXT last night. I tried to mount it on my Krieghoff KS5 Special but with the high rib I was unable to see it when the gun was mounted. Because of that, I mounted it on my CXT.
I shot one round this afternoon with both eyes open and scored a 25. I have had trouble with my eyes cross firing for about 10 years. I hope that the device really works. I am trying to give it a fair chance. Based on today's results, it looks promising.
Please send an image of the KS5 (muzzle end only) to our email [email protected] and I can advise on placement. Great result on the CXT.
Got mine in the mail Saturday. Have not mounted it yet. Is on the rib up near the front the best place to start for a mostly soft mount or gun up shooter? Can it be moved if needed? I am just a little afraid to commit to a location.
Please check the images on the website to help, basically in your normal hold the eye over the rib should be aware of it in the periheral vision and the off eye shouldn't see it. Typically with premounted shooting we advise around half way up the top barrel is a good place. Check the home trial video on the website media section to see a way to test the SP method and this will also allow testing of the best position for free and will allow you to be confident in the position. There are replacement tape sets normally on sale that allow movement between guns and if a change in position is wanted. These will be back on sale in a week or so when stock is replenished in the US, there has unfortunately been delays in the inventory system.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Phil Kiner, have you had any experience with this new "gadget"?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried the SP this week. I'm cross dominant. Practiced dry shooting at home, took it to my trap club. About 5 shots to understand the process. Shot 22, 22. I normally shoot 18 to 20. With that experience behind me, yesterday shot trap 22, 22, 25. My first perfect score. Yeah, it works.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #78 (Edited)
An update after 3 weeks with the SP. So far I've shot 6 or 7 times since installing it and there is a marked improvement in my shooting. The difference in how much better I am seeing the targets has made the game seem much easier. Yesterday I shot a 99 with the 410. Not the first time, but it's been a long time. 20 years ago I was a AAA shooter in all 4 guns and now with the SP I feel like I can shoot at that level again. I will be buying a 2nd SP to keep as a spare just in case.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts