Trapshooters Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I thought it was B$. I tried it today and bought 2. I have it in a completely different position than they show. I don't know why they put it there. My coach put it higher on the barrel. I struggle with fast edgy curling incomers and it helped. I've wasted many dollars building skill on those pesky targets, so if I waste a bit more, I'm not terribly sad.

Please note that I have very, very slight dominance issues. I am not central dominant as some are. It's more of an insurance thing.
Subject to style the position is important, The eye must see it uniquely at some point, the mid-position between the barrels is for traditional gun down shooters that move and mount, the high position is more effective if you pre-mount or mount and develop the shot while mounted.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
We run this test with coaches to prove its effectiveness even if they are strong right eye right-handed --- Simple create a unique profile on the left side of the gun that only the left eye can see when mounting on the left shoulder, (typical straight incomers are a good test as no right or left lead - simos make it more fun). Simply in the set up make sure you are aware of the SP (very important) call pull, focus on the targets shoot the targets - I will suggest these will be smoked - do not try and measure or check as the stronger right eye will take over ---- this test when conducted properly works and shows the impact it could have on a shooter with dominance issues.
I developed the SP to support natural shooting as if you don't have a dominance issue so gun up or down, two eyes open off your prefered side - I have central dominance but shoot 2 eyes open and shoot in AAA in ESP, I need only be aware of the SP in my set up then focus and shoot the clay. We hope to bring the manufacture and production to the US to reduce the price, unfortunately, the red tape and costs to bring any product to market are substantial and the price point reflects making the business viable at this point.
Many thanks for your reply. I refer you to post #26 on this thread in which I asked you:

"What is the source of the scientific research you have used in the development of your product and who is the professor referred to in your promotional literature?"

That would be most illuminating since, as mentioned, I am in touch with two universities in the UK who have a particular interest in eye dominance in sport, particularly in shooting. I look forward to your reply.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Many thanks for your reply. I refer you to post #26 on this thread in which I asked you:

"What is the source of the scientific research you have used in the development of your product and who is the professor referred to in your promotional literature?"

That would be most illuminating since, as mentioned, I am in touch with two universities in the UK who have a particular interest in eye dominance in sport, particularly in shooting. I look forward to your reply.
Hi I am happy to discuss this offline, The Professor of Optometry that I am working with has experience across other sports and is looking to put a paper together on our findings and as such It would be unprofessional to release his name at this point until the paper is published.
Please contact me via [email protected] and we can discuss further.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Hi I am happy to discuss this offline, The Professor of Optometry that I am working with has experience across other sports and is looking to put a paper together on our findings and as such It would be unprofessional to release his name at this point until the paper is published.
Please contact me via [email protected] and we can discuss further.
Thanks
Many thanks. You can PM me when you have time - that would be more convenient.

·
Registered
284 Posts
It sounds like you made some pretty good progress. Also this has got me thinking more about this. I just got this vision of a device you might want to experiment with. Think of a V turned up side down. This inverted V would be the sight, and to the eye that was lined up with it would give a pointer, sort of like an arrow. Each leg of the pointer would go down each side of the barrel, and each leg could only be seen from the eye right over the barrel. So if your brain wants to see this arrow, it can only be seen from the eye over the barrel. The inverted V, ^ could be seen with gun down and seamlessly as you mount similar to what your bump does. Maybe this could work, who knows. If it did work, the advantage would be that it would be ambidextrous, You can only see the up arrow from the eye over the barrel. Lot of things to work out there, size, color, and it might not even work, but it might be worth putting some time into it, if you want to make it ambidextrous.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I have trouble with my eyes cross firing so I shoot with my off eye closed most of the time.. The Meadow Industries sight doesn't help.
What is different about the SP?
Thanks..

·
Registered
885 Posts
Subject to style the position is important, The eye must see it uniquely at some point, the mid-position between the barrels is for traditional gun down shooters that move and mount, the high position is more effective if you pre-mount or mount and develop the shot while mounted.
That makes sense. The majority of English sporting in the USA is shot with some form of premount, if not totally fully mounted. FITASC would be the exception in the US. US versions of trap and skeet are exclusively premounted. My coach put it on for me and it seemed to work so I didn't look at the instructions. I will look when I get time.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Your results mirror most shooters I speak with, the SP is going to help on the targets where dominance issue might creep in - I suffered the same problems before the SP but the SP took my averages up and took me from AA to AAA (top 5%) in ESP shooting in the UK - shooters often talk of improved hits and feeling more comfortable on the target. I hope you are able to use this to get to and stay at the sharp end of the competitions - it has certainly worked for some good shots so far.
That's an incredible accomplishment! To be able to compete with Digweed, Faulds, Winser, Bunning, Green and company is an insanely good achievement. That competition is not for the light-of-heart!

I'm hoping this helps our best get even better and then seeing what craziness the target setters come up with. I'm hoping the targets will increase in difficulty to match the scores!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
I received my SP on Monday and shot with it for the first time yesterday. I shoot right handed and have a very strong dominant left eye. I've been shooting either one eyed or with a translucent tape patch since 1967. It took a little getting used to, but less than half a box of shells into it I was seeing and breaking targets with no problem. With both eyes on the target I see it so much better. I did catch myself several times wanting to close my left eye because it looks so much different.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It sounds like you made some pretty good progress. Also this has got me thinking more about this. I just got this vision of a device you might want to experiment with. Think of a V turned up side down. This inverted V would be the sight, and to the eye that was lined up with it would give a pointer, sort of like an arrow. Each leg of the pointer would go down each side of the barrel, and each leg could only be seen from the eye right over the barrel. So if your brain wants to see this arrow, it can only be seen from the eye over the barrel. The inverted V, ^ could be seen with gun down and seamlessly as you mount similar to what your bump does. Maybe this could work, who knows. If it did work, the advantage would be that it would be ambidextrous, You can only see the up arrow from the eye over the barrel. Lot of things to work out there, size, color, and it might not even work, but it might be worth putting some time into it, if you want to make it ambidextrous.
Hi, Thanks for the input, we have a number of developments in the pipeline that have been halted or slowed due to the current situation but we hope to have these back on track, the principle can be presented in numerous ways, remember though your focus is on the clay not the gun and the SP is not a sight, We are working to have the shooter focus on the target and away from the gun so fine detail won't be visible and ultimately won't act as a stimulant, design development, and research phase helped to remove certain shapes and sizes and left us with the most effective shape. Currently, Our focus is on handed situations so for example, a right-handed shooter will buy a right-handed gun so we look to get there right eye working so the SP can be fitted right side.
Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
I received my SP on Monday and shot with it for the first time yesterday. I shoot right handed and have a very strong dominant left eye. I've been shooting either one eyed or with a translucent tape patch since 1967. It took a little getting used to, but less than half a box of shells into it I was seeing and breaking targets with no problem. With both eyes on the target I see it so much better. I did catch myself several times wanting to close my left eye because it looks so much different.
That's great and to be so quick is impressive, often coming from an occluded eye or from closing an eye the hold points need to be adjusted and of course, some trust that it will work needs to be established - as we all hate missing. Keep it up and if you need any pointers please PM me

·
Registered
18 Posts
That's an incredible accomplishment! To be able to compete with Digweed, Faulds, Winser, Bunning, Green and company is an insanely good achievement. That competition is not for the light-of-heart!

I'm hoping this helps our best get even better and then seeing what craziness the target setters come up with. I'm hoping the targets will increase in difficulty to match the scores!
It's hard to compete with this level of shot their talent and experience are beyond most, though I have had the pleasure of shooting which Richard Bunning a number of times and watching the others from time to time. But on an important note the SP is being used at all levels and its the intermediate and lower class shooters that are seeing the big jumps in averages the top end are chasing 1 or 2 targets extra assuming they have a problem at all which most don't hence their distance ahead of the rest of us.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have trouble with my eyes cross firing so I shoot with my off eye closed most of the time.. The Meadow Industries sight doesn't help.
What is different about the SP?
Thanks..
The SP is about stimulating the brain to chose the correct eye subconsciously, we place the SP on the side that matches the shoulder you shoot off, the eye over the rib sees it uniquely (in the peripheral vision) and this will trick the brain to use this eye (subconsciously) - you can simply maintain focus on the clay and shoot like normal - confident the eye over the rib is placing the gun which will result in lots of smoked clays

·
Registered
885 Posts
It's hard to compete with this level of shot their talent and experience are beyond most, though I have had the pleasure of shooting which Richard Bunning a number of times and watching the others from time to time. But on an important note the SP is being used at all levels and its the intermediate and lower class shooters that are seeing the big jumps in averages the top end are chasing 1 or 2 targets extra assuming they have a problem at all which most don't hence their distance ahead of the rest of us.
I agree. I wish I had the SP earlier. Getting to the 90s was not hard, just a lot of work. Inching up has been brutal. I'd much rather be working on moving 85s to 90 than 90 to 91 or 92 and up. Time will tell.

Also, your product is being discussed over at ShotgunWorld.com, Shotgunworld.com • For those that wear a dot if you care to chime in on the conversation. Or maybe you already have and I missed it.

Anyways, best of luck to you and your product!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I’m a right hand shooter left eye dominant and have shot with a dot in the past. Your results may differ, but I decided to give it a try for myself because I don’t think we’ve seen a single post here where someone reports trying a home trial set up and it not working. I clipped the slide through end off a medium size black zip tie, and using a small piece of extra strong 3M black mounting tape I mounted the black plastic nub from the zip tie in the 2:00 o’clock position as per the SP instructions. It makes a simple clean test installation. Mounting the gun with both eyes open and pointing it dead on the wall/ceiling corner in my garage, then closing my left eye to see if the point of aim shifts, I can report that after 2 days and multiple tests the point of aim has not shifted once and my right eye has been aligned over the rib every time. If that success carries through to a live shooting situation is still to be determined . . but this test is certainly encouraging.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #58 (Edited)
I've shot with mine 3 times now. I'm seeing targets better than I ever have and my scores have been very good. Today I tried closing one eye just to see if that is something I might want to back to and I can say that will probably never happen. I highly recommend the SP!!

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
This might be a stupid question but does it work on Unsingle trap barrels? Or has anyone used it on an unsingle

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I'm a trap shooter. I am willing to give it a try.
I have bought numerous Meadow Industries sights so it's not that big an investment!

41 - 60 of 93 Posts