Trapshooters Forum banner

21 - 40 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I just don't understand how it works . And or what it looks like or where it mounts. If MTA Tom's pictures is correct I am lost.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Your words....
No, these are my words.."I tried the sight blinder and found it helped very little. I premount the gun. If the SP works(which I think it very well might from my home test) it will be well worth over twice the money. "

You might try applying for a job at CNN, you seem to be well qualified.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I thought it was B$. I tried it today and bought 2. I have it in a completely different position than they show. I don't know why they put it there. My coach put it higher on the barrel. I struggle with fast edgy curling incomers and it helped. I've wasted many dollars building skill on those pesky targets, so if I waste a bit more, I'm not terribly sad.

Please note that I have very, very slight dominance issues. I am not central dominant as some are. It's more of an insurance thing.

·
Registered
284 Posts
This idea has my interest up and I thought I might try something similar. I can put a small hose clamp on my barrel near the muzzle that the screw part of the clamp can only be seen from the eye above the rib, Hose clamp only cost a dollar and quarter, so it is no big outlay to try. I don't think I am a good one to test it though because I really don't have dominance issues. I shoot ambidextrous, both eyes open all the time. So it probably is not going to do anything for me, still the idea gets my interest up because once upon a time I could not shoot cross dominant (both eyes open) before I developed the skill. One thing about the hose clamp, it installs easily on my Remington auto, and it might also install on my doubles, since the barrels are separated on them, just in case I notice any difference in sighting with the thing on the barrel.

Maybe some others could try the hose clamp also. Get the 3/4 inch one. It can be opened up, then the end inserted between the rib and barrel, then re-clamped in position.
link:
#6 SS Hose Clamp | Agri Sales Inc

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
The SP or shot Paraboliod is a stimulant to trick the brain to favour the eye over the rib for information and ultimately it will create the shot picture and position the gun. It only works in your peripheral vision helping to identify the correct barrels all focus must stay on the clay. Protected by US, UK and EU patents
I launched the product in the UK in 2019 and we have class medals won by shooters at UK National and European level in Skeet and DTL with a world Silver medal in ESP in the ladies category by a US ladies shot. 2 recent articles from US magazines can be found along with all the UK and Australian articles in the media section on the website Please contact me via the website to get further information. Steve
Interesting. What is the source of the scientific research you have used in the development of your product and who is the professor referred to in your promotional literature? I too have an interest in eye dominance issues and have had detailed discussions with two universities about it in the UK.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I tested it today, that is I tested my hose clamp that gives the bulge on the lower part of the barrel on the correct side for my dominance situation. For me, it was of no help. I never did see the blob while I was shooting, that is the reason I said it did not help. The only thing I was aware of while shooting it, was the rib and bead right in front of my eye. That probably means nothing to others though, because my vision is really well developed for shooting with the non dominant eye, whereas others are not. So my test is probably useless. I hit just about everything I shoot at regardless of which side I use, and I shoot both eyes open either way, and many can't do that. The good part is anyone can try it with the one dollar hose clamp and maybe get an indication of whether it helps.

·
Super Moderator
3,037 Posts
That probably means nothing to others though, because my vision is really well developed for shooting with the non dominant eye, whereas others are not. So my test is probably useless. I hit just about everything I shoot at regardless of which side I use, and I shoot both eyes open either way, and many can't do that.
Matt, you sound truly amazing. Could you enlighten us with your ATA averages, since you hit just about everything you shoot at?

·
Registered
284 Posts
If you don't want the hose clamp but want to try this
bump on your barrel, use a small wood bump.
Shape it however you want and color it black or
whatever color you want, then mix up some
JB Weld and glue it onto your barrel.

If you want to remove it, boil a pan of water and
stick the muzzle of the gun into the boiling water
and heat soak if for a minute. Then remove it
from the water and scrape the bump off with a
piece of wood. The wood won't scratch your
barrel and the epoxy turns to mush at around
200 degrees.

Almost forgot, before gluing your bump on,
clean any oil or grease off your muzzle with
something like alcohol.

You could actually make that bump from a lot
of things.

I shoot over 90% on skeet field or trap field.
Sounds to me like someone wants to pick a
fight over that, but I consider 90% or more
pretty much everything. I shoot very little trap,
maybe one time out of 5 outings is trap, and
then I shoot about half the time from the skeet
stations, shooting the trap targets. I like to shoot
the long crossers from skeet station one and seven.

I don't shoot competition. I did once upon
a time shoot competition skeet, mostly
international. I was not very good at it in
those days, still not really, could only hit
about 80% at international. That was all
way back around 1970, 50 years ago.
I could only shoot left handed both eyes
open in those days. I have discovered a
lot about eye use since then.

·
Registered
885 Posts
While I'm not trying to blast anyone, I consider 90% (95s or better to have a hope) a thanks for coming at many registered sporting shoots. Even at the recent NE Regional FITASC event, where Gebben Miles, Joe Fanizzi and Bill McGuire shot 89 or less, Anthony Matarese put up a 94. For reference, Kevin De Michael shot a 72. These are all National Team caliber shooters. am sure one needs an even higher score for the majority of ATA and NSSA shoots.

I am trying the SP because I find 90% on most sporting courses an unacceptable performance for me and I want to score better. It's added about 2-3% so far on the targets I have trouble with.

They are incomers with the trap set at 60yards and shot at about 30 to 40 yards that are on edge until about 1-2 yards off the ground where they show more face. I went 100% on these yesterday which is a personal best.

The other target is a R to L deep quartering, trap 20 to 30 yards to the right, set with speed, on edge. I did not hit 100% but I did set a personal best.

The SP isn't a panacea. I'm good from an eye on about 95% to 98% (this comes from Dr. Colo) of all sporting targets, but dropping those 1 or 2 turns a good day into a bad one.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Everyone has their games and standards. This thread is about
this SP device. Anyone can evaluate it at their game and their
standard, if they so desire. Things might be better if we have
enough attention span to stick to that instead of what your ATA
average is. If this device lets you shoot some targets harder
than what a trap shooter sees, that is good for the device.
I covered my experience with it, Might be fun if some more
people did.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I'm right-handed, strongly right-eye dominant and shoot with both eyes open. I don't need the SP device or think it would benefit me in the normal course of my shooting. However, I'm going to try an experiment.

While not being completely ambidextrous, I'm pretty well coordinated and can do many things left-handed, including mounting a shotgun as well as I can do them right-handed.

I'm going to see whether taping an item onto the left side of my gun barrels so only my left eye can see it (looking down the gun shooting left-handed) with both eyes open enables me to hit targets.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have given this a closer look at their site. My evaluation is
that it will work to some extent, but is not something I can
really endorse.

I have a problem with the fact that it is not good for an
ambidextrous shooter as described. They say it is set
up for a left-hander or right-hander. I shoot both sides,
about 50-50. They lost me there.

Next they say a trap shooter should put it on the barrel
here. A sporting shooter should put it on the barrel
there. I suppose a field shooter would use the sporting
place. I don't shoot one thing. I shoot everything.
Also, I don't shoot just an over/under, I like to shoot
them, but also autos.

They also do a half-ass job of describing how it works.
It takes forever to understand the principle behind,
because they do such a poor job describing it.

Having someone stand there with shotgun and
talking about it is just noise. They should have made
the video to demonstrate the actual principle behind
it. At least, as I understand it, that is the case.

The principle is this:
The brain sees what it wants to see.
If your brain is wanting to see this bump
on the barrel, then it will keep seeing it
as you mount and swing on a target, even
while just looking at the target. BUT, they
never reallly go into any detail about that.
They show a guy holding a shotgun talking
to you. That is just noise, get to the point,
then never do. I know the point because
I have been through all this.

There are also solutions that work better
than this in my opinion, because they
work left-handed, right-handed, or whatever.

My evaluation, is it will help those looking for
a half fast solution, people who always shoot
one thing, like trap, or an over under, or
right-handed, or left-handed.

If you shoot like that, then you might just find
it to be a solution for you, In fact most do shoot
like that, so maybe it works for most. Who knows?
[
Thanks for your input we will consider how we present the concept and refine it for the multiple markets as a small business we have limited resources to promote and manufacture the product this ultimately challenges our price point and media budget - we are currently putting an instruction video together with a senior CPSA coach to help with the concept. The SP is all about switching the eye over the rib on without bringing the eye to the gun or losing any sight from the off eye. The SP has been developed to solve problems of dominance, if you shoot trap and sporting both gun up and gun down the side position will work as long as the hold isn't too long so the off eye can get control. The high position is even better if you only shoot gun up and don't need to cover multiple options.
It has been proven at multiple levels including a ladies World Silver medal in ESP last year so we are comfortable this is a real solution for shooters looking for consistency shot to shot if you are aware of the SP then it will ensure the brain uses this eye to create the shot picture the rest is up to you.
This has not and will not suit people who use the same gun to shoot off both shoulders shot to shot, this is a focused product made to be effective but as discreet as possible on guns so suiting the Clay shooter through to the Game shot.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm right-handed, strongly right-eye dominant, and shoot with both eyes open. I don't need the SP device or think it would benefit me in the normal course of my shooting. However, I'm going to try an experiment.

While not being completely ambidextrous, I'm pretty well-coordinated and can do many things left-handed, including mounting a shotgun as well as I can do them right-handed.

I'm going to see whether taping an item onto the left side of my gun barrels so only my left eye can see it (looking down the gun shooting left-handed) with both eyes open enables me to hit targets.
We run this test with coaches to prove its effectiveness even if they are strong right eye right-handed --- Simple create a unique profile on the left side of the gun that only the left eye can see when mounting on the left shoulder, (typical straight incomers are a good test as no right or left lead - simos make it more fun). Simply in the set up make sure you are aware of the SP (very important) call pull, focus on the targets shoot the targets - I will suggest these will be smoked - do not try and measure or check as the stronger right eye will take over ---- this test when conducted properly works and shows the impact it could have on a shooter with dominance issues.
I developed the SP to support natural shooting as if you don't have a dominance issue so gun up or down, two eyes open off your prefered side - I have central dominance but shoot 2 eyes open and shoot in AAA in ESP, I need only be aware of the SP in my set up then focus and shoot the clay. We hope to bring the manufacture and production to the US to reduce the price, unfortunately, the red tape and costs to bring any product to market are substantial and the price point reflects making the business viable at this point.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just don't understand how it works . And or what it looks like or where it mounts. If MTA Tom's pictures is correct I am lost.
The profile of the SP stimulates the brain to prefer the 'picture' from the eye over the rib- as the shooter, you need only be aware of the SP in your peripheral vision while focusing for the clay, while keeping both eyes open you can focus and shoot the clay, with the eye over the rib in control, the gun will point where you think it is pointing - shooters with dominance issues will often shoot straight at an incomer for example but miss up the side due to fact the off eye or combination of your eyes (equal dominance) will be effecting gun placement.

·
Registered
18 Posts
This idea has my interest up and I thought I might try something similar. I can put a small hose clamp on my barrel near the muzzle that the screw part of the clamp can only be seen from the eye above the rib, Hose clamp only cost a dollar and quarter, so it is no big outlay to try. I don't think I am a good one to test it though because I really don't have dominance issues. I shoot ambidextrous, both eyes open all the time. So it probably is not going to do anything for me, still the idea gets my interest up because once upon a time I could not shoot cross dominant (both eyes open) before I developed the skill. One thing about the hose clamp, it installs easily on my Remington auto, and it might also install on my doubles, since the barrels are separated on them, just in case I notice any difference in sighting with the thing on the barrel.

Maybe some others could try the hose clamp also. Get the 3/4 inch one. It can be opened up, then the end inserted between the rib and barrel, then re-clamped in position.
link:
#6 SS Hose Clamp | Agri Sales Inc
We propose a small blu tac product it's detailed in one of the videos on the website for a free home trial - as less chance of damaging your gun - I don't propose any metal clamps as they will damage the bluing

·
Registered
18 Posts
While I'm not trying to blast anyone, I consider 90% (95s or better to have a hope) a thanks for coming at many registered sporting shoots. Even at the recent NE Regional FITASC event, where Gebben Miles, Joe Fanizzi and Bill McGuire shot 89 or less, Anthony Matarese put up a 94. For reference, Kevin De Michael shot a 72. These are all National Team caliber shooters. am sure one needs an even higher score for the majority of ATA and NSSA shoots.

I am trying the SP because I find 90% on most sporting courses an unacceptable performance for me and I want to score better. It's added about 2-3% so far on the targets I have trouble with.

They are incomers with the trap set at 60yards and shot at about 30 to 40 yards that are on edge until about 1-2 yards off the ground where they show more face. I went 100% on these yesterday which is a personal best.

The other target is a R to L deep quartering, trap 20 to 30 yards to the right, set with speed, on edge. I did not hit 100% but I did set a personal best.

The SP isn't a panacea. I'm good from an eye on about 95% to 98% (this comes from Dr. Colo) of all sporting targets, but dropping those 1 or 2 turns a good day into a bad one.
Your results mirror most shooters I speak with, the SP is going to help on the targets where dominance issue might creep in - I suffered the same problems before the SP but the SP took my averages up and took me from AA to AAA (top 5%) in ESP shooting in the UK - shooters often talk of improved hits and feeling more comfortable on the target. I hope you are able to use this to get to and stay at the sharp end of the competitions - it has certainly worked for some good shots so far.

21 - 40 of 93 Posts