Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anybody tried or know anything about the SP Eye Dominance gadget? Seems to be more awareness about it in Europe, but I find nothing about anybody using it in the US. It looks intriguing, so I ordered one to try. I'll post a review when I get it.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
looks yo be just a object to tape to the side of the that you dominate eye can see. if your dominate eye can focus on it prior to calling pull then likely your non-dominate eye shouldnt affect where you are hard focusing on the bird.
I would think just taping any small object to the side of your barrel would do the same.

·
Registered
10,055 Posts
Have you looked at the Meadow Industries "Sight Blinder"? Just type the name and add a .com at the end. It'll come up for ya. break em all Jeff

·
Registered
18 Posts
The SP or shot Paraboliod is a stimulant to trick the brain to favour the eye over the rib for information and ultimately it will create the shot picture and position the gun. It only works in your peripheral vision helping to identify the correct barrels all focus must stay on the clay. Protected by US, UK and EU patents
I launched the product in the UK in 2019 and we have class medals won by shooters at UK National and European level in Skeet and DTL with a world Silver medal in ESP in the ladies category by a US ladies shot. 2 recent articles from US magazines can be found along with all the UK and Australian articles in the media section on the website Please contact me via the website to get further information. Steve

·
Registered
54 Posts
I tried the one from Meadow Industries but when I shoot with my contact lenses my left eye sometimes still takes over since I focus on the target and not the bead.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The SP or shot Paraboliod is a stimulant to trick the brain to favour the eye over the rib for information and ultimately it will create the shot picture and position the gun. It only works in your peripheral vision helping to identify the correct barrels all focus must stay on the clay. Protected by US, UK and EU patents
I launched the product in the UK in 2019 and we have class medals won by shooters at UK National and European level in Skeet and DTL with a world Silver medal in ESP in the ladies category by a US ladies shot. 2 recent articles from US magazines can be found along with all the UK and Australian articles in the media section on the website Please contact me via the website to get further information. Steve
Thanks Steve! I did my own in home test to test this theory and from what I can tell this may work. After being a one eyed shooter for over 50 years and trying every other gimmick in the book I'm looking forward to using this.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Looks like an interesting idea, I will give it a try, My use probably won't prove anything for other people though because I can already shoot from either side, both eyes open, and my brain always uses the correct eye with no effort on my part.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I shoot Sporting Clays and, even thought I am right eye dominate, I sometimes have trouble with left to right targets. My solution was to close my left eye on some targets, but I never knew which one to close my eye on since I didn't alway happen. I ordered one and since I have had great success, I have ordered one for my daughter, my wife and my backup gun.
2 Thumbs up from me.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have given this a closer look at their site. My evaluation is
that it will work to some extent, but is not something I can
really endorse.

I have a problem with the fact that it is not good for an
ambidextrous shooter as described. They say it is set
up for a left-hander or right-hander. I shoot both sides,
about 50-50. They lost me there.

Next they say a trap shooter should put it on the barrel
here. A sporting shooter should put it on the barrel
there. I suppose a field shooter would use the sporting
place. I don't shoot one thing. I shoot everything.
Also, I don't shoot just an over/under, I like to shoot
them, but also autos.

They also do a half-ass job of describing how it works.
It takes forever to understand the principle behind,
because they do such a poor job describing it.

Having someone stand there with shotgun and
talking about it is just noise. They should have made
the video to demonstrate the actual principle behind
it. At least, as I understand it, that is the case.

The principle is this:
The brain sees what it wants to see.
If your brain is wanting to see this bump
on the barrel, then it will keep seeing it
as you mount and swing on a target, even
while just looking at the target. BUT, they
never reallly go into any detail about that.
They show a guy holding a shotgun talking
to you. That is just noise, get to the point,
then never do. I know the point because
I have been through all this.

There are also solutions that work better
than this in my opinion, because they
work left-handed, right-handed, or whatever.

My evaluation, is it will help those looking for
a half fast solution, people who always shoot
one thing, like trap, or an over under, or
right-handed, or left-handed.

If you shoot like that, then you might just find
it to be a solution for you, In fact most do shoot
like that, so maybe it works for most. Who knows?

·
Registered
604 Posts
It looks very intriguing. Depending on whether you premount the gun or not, you place the SP on a different spot on side of the barrel so your dominant eye “notices” it for a brief moment. There’s an article on their website from Sean Hawley discussing it.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
"The SP was designed using the latest 3D print technology. It’s discreet and extremely light. The key is its shape which is a paraboloid (3D ellipse) and its positioning. The SP form stays consistent as you mount the gun so the picture stays the same in your peripheral vision, this is key, a changing picture would draw your eye."
Sure.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I wonder if this is an improvement over the Meadow Industries Sight Blinder.
I used to have the sight blinder on all my over unders but took them off because they didn't prevent
cross firing of my eyes.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I wonder if this is an improvement over the Meadow Industries Sight Blinder.
I used to have the sight blinder on all my over unders but took them off because they didn't prevent
cross firing of my eyes.
It might be, because in my view the sight blinder is seriously almost useless, although it does work somewhat okay for shooters that premount the gun, like trapshooters. The sight blinder has been made and used by countless individuals over the years. It is actually the first idea anyone has when they come up with an idea to combat cross dominance. I give the sight blinder a grade of D for helping cross dominance. It is cheap though for anyone that wants to try it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It might be, because in my view the sight blinder is seriously almost useless, although it does work somewhat okay for shooters that premount the gun, like trapshooters. The sight blinder has been made and used by countless individuals over the years. It is actually the first idea anyone has when they come up with an idea to combat cross dominance. I give the sight blinder a grade of D for helping cross dominance. It is cheap though for anyone that wants to try it.
I tried the sight blinder and found it helped very little. I premount the gun. If the SP works(which I think it very well might from my home test) it will be well worth over twice the money.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I tried the sight blinder and found it helped very little. I premount the gun. If the SP works(which I think it very well might from my home test) it will be well worth over twice the money.
Seriously? You'd pay the equivalent of $100 U.S. for a 5 cent plastic "paraboloid" and some two sided tape in a fancy tin box?

1 - 20 of 93 Posts