Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious, does anyone know if the Southern Grand attendance was up or down?? I didn't see the numbers. I believe the Spring was almost the same as last year....wondering how the economy effected a shoot in the east vs the west. ??

Lorna

·
Registered
'07 Kolar Max TA 3bbl set, Jeff Mainland fitted
2,746 Posts
Lorna, when talking to my friends The Weavers, who are there, Gwyn's observation was that the shoot was very well attended, but few were playing the options, consequently the purse, and lewis money was way down, especially in the preliminaries.

Maybe they're starting to wise up .....grin all the best .....mike

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I don't think it is official but I heard one of the regular workers say he believed they threw 30% more targets than last year up to Saturday. JRM

·
Registered
9,529 Posts
Attendance was up 25% for the Florida Chain preceding the Southern Grand. The number of shooters classified for the Southern Grand was up. We were down 9% on Monday and Tuesday but up quite a bit for the rest of the shoot. I did not see any final figures, but an increase of 20-30% seems about right.

In 2008, we had a few cool days during the Southern Grand. This year, the temperature stayed between 80 and 84 degrees and the Sun was bright most of the time. This difference could be more important than any economic factors that may exist.

Pat Ireland

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.