Trapshooters Forum banner

South Dakota Pheasant Hunt

1675 10
Can anyone suggest a reputable South Dakota pheasant hunting guide based on personal experience? There’s so many guides and lodges that’s it’s difficult to narrow down. Thanks
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,702 Posts
Another would be Sargent Ranch out of Pierre, SD. They have their own lodge and nothing around but great hunting and fishing.

IF you do something around the Mitchell area the Coachlight motel is a nice place to stay. Ask for the North side of the hotel as that is not facing any traffic and is quiet. Brian and Cindy are great people.

Bud

· Registered
293 Posts
Stukel's, Gregory SD.
I met Frank Stukel on an Argentina dove hunt. Great guy that sure seems to take care of his customers.

as far as a recommendation I think it depends on how many people are in your group. Also depends on exactly what you are looking for as far as amenities and such. Share some of that info and will likely get some more options.

· Registered
50 Posts
A few years ago we shot a one box shoot hosted by the Winner, SD chamber of
Commerce. The landowner we were drawn to was :
Red Hills Lodge
Owner: Barry Tideman
Email: [email protected]
27666 297th Ave, Carter, SD 57580
Phone: 605-879-2340

It is my only experience with any sort of guided hunt but Barry had an excellent setup and there was definitely no shortage of birds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.