Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
South African Chairman

I know it's winter in the good old USA, but it's summer time here in South Africa. This weekend was the annual Chairman's Cup, for bragging rights.

I shot well enough this year that I was invited to be part of Team Limpopo Province's Chairman's Cup Team.

It was a great time and I enjoyed it a lot. I'm really enjoying my clay target shooting over here in Africa.

Here are some photos I took:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.573550436058652.1073741839.100002111025944&type=1&l=fe8332b780

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Great job shooting Tim. Those South Africans will be glad when you leave so you will stop kicking their butts on the clays field. LOL

As stated above, I like reading your posts from your home away from home. Very interesting to see how things are done elsewhere. Keep up the great shooting.

You and the wife have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Be safe.

·
Premium Member
11,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guys,

Thanks for the kind words.

No, the guys over here are a great bunch, and all seem really glad to hear that I will be over here at least a couple more years. And I most certainly don't kick their butts all the time, but sometimes.

The clay target shooting community is small here, and though I am at best a Class A shooter back home, over here I am probably in the top 10 ATA shooters in the country.

Don't read too much into that, however. There are probably only about 300 active ATA shooters. There are advantages to being in a small pond.

It's a lot of fun to be one of the guys consistently near the top of the leader board.

And don't you love the circa 1968 Winchester hand set machines?

A group of us are making tentative plans to celebrate the 50th birthday of one of our fellow lady shooters (a German import) in 2015 at Sparta.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts