Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a source for oversized shooting glasses side blinders. Any contact information would be appreciated.

Thank you ,

Bill Sergent

·
Banned
5,302 Posts
Hi Bill,

Did you enjoy Tucson? On the blinders, I made my own by going to Staples and buying a cheap report cover. They come in several different weights of plastic so you can pick one that is stiff enough but not to heavy. Cut a paper template to the size you like and then cut out the plastic. Use a paper hole punch to put the holes in for threading the temple piece through and you are good to go. One cover should give you 2-4 pairs.

JT

·
Premium Member
2,001 Posts
Bill, see me Wednesday and I'll show you some that I have. We'll see if they are big enough for you.

Kevin

·
Registered
731 Posts
In a pinch, just tear off the top of a shotshell box and stick one end up between your hatband and your head. Move it around to the place where it blocks the offending glare, or distraction. -Ed

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Ace of spades from a cardboard deck. black it out with a sharpie, trim as necessary. [I hardly ever use one but this works well in a pinch if you don't care how it looks]. Bill

·
Registered
245 Posts
There is a genteman in Rush, NY, that offers oversized blinders on Ebay for $8.00 shipped. They are flat black on the inside, heavy-duty, and come in sizes from regular to +2", which are LARGE. I have some of them and they are top-notch. Just enter 'shooting blinders' in the search box, and scroll down the the auction 'SHOOTING BLINDERS-BLACK-VARIOUS SIZES'.

Jack Young

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
As Setterman above mentioned, "BT99Max100" also made me a custom set of Marine blinders for my son. He does excellent work and I am sure he could accommodate any size, shape or design you need. Shoot him a PM and I'm certain he will get back with you. He sells blinders on this forum so you will be dealing with one of the good guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts